March 22, 2019

This And That (Friends, Movies, A Concert and Junior Beta Club)


 It was a bit difficult coming home and getting back to reality after our NY trip. Luckily, we came home with a few days left in Bri's winter break so she could just chill after our whirlwind vacation.

Someone was very happy that we came back home...

Bri was able to spend an afternoon/evening with her friend Meredith during our winter break...

Unfortunately a few days after our return from NYC, I got sick. I am notorious for getting sick after I fly. I got a nasty head cold - not fun.

Luckily, I managed to get over my cold pretty quickly (which is quite unusual for me) and felt good enough to attend Bri's induction ceremony into Junior Beta Club. She's been in the club since the beginning of the year, but the induction didn't happen until the end of February. Not sure why. I was just happy it happened at all.

Bri looked so pretty for the ceremony...

Bri's friend Meredith was getting inducted too...

Taking the oath...

Receiving her certificate...

Officially inducted (so, so proud)!!!

Of course to stay in Beta Club, Bri needs to continue her volunteer work each week. She still really enjoys going to the dog shelter to read to the doggies. It's getting tougher and tougher to leave each time without one.

This is Olympia. She is the SWEETEST dog on the planet...

And this is Theo. This is the doggie that Bri would bring home if she could. She has fallen in love with him...

Since we've been home, Doug, Bri and I have seen two movies and went to an amazing concert.

First we saw "How To Train Your Dragon: Hidden World"...



And we also saw "Captain Marvel" (my Avengers girl was beyond excited) - we went with Bri's friend Meredith and her dad Kai...



And the concert we went to was "P!nk"!!!! She was AMAZING!!!!! But I will do a whole separate post on that...

Bri got to spend a Saturday with her friend Mary...
 
And to remind Bri of her visit to NYC Chinatown, I hung this lantern for her (that she bought there) in her tween room...

So that is just some of what we've been up to since winter break. Doug is back to work (he was in San Francisco for a week), Bri is back to school and I am holding down the fort at home.

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails