January 18, 2021

44 Weeks Behind Us (Weekly Update)

44.

44 weeks behind us since coronavirus hit the state of Georgia. 

 The virus is still surging and worse than ever.

 This is the last post I will write with our current administrat!on in office - thank goodness. 

 The big news of last week...

Very deservedly so.

But before I get all political, let me do a short recap of my week last week.

****************

My best guy celebrated his birthday on Wednesday. It was a quiet, restful day for him. I cooked him his favorite dinner, he opened gifts and we feasted on birthday brownies...

 And my parents celebrated 51 years of marriage on Sunday. That is quite an accomplishment...

Doug has been cleaning out the unfinished, workshop area of our basement. He has carved out some space for Briana to set up an art station for Bri to paint and create... 


Check out this painting Bri did on Sunday afternoon - freehand...

She amazes me.
 
 Doug ordered in some hibachi to be delivered for us last week and it was so delicious. I had not had hibachi in almost a year and it tasted so amazing (first world problems)...

Mei is still as spoiled as ever with all her favorite humans around...

 Briana just completed her second week of school virtually...
 

 She had a lot of work to complete last week for some reason. I think honors geography and honors geometry are going to keep her quite busy. So far, she is doing great though.

*********************

Speaking of school (time for the not so good stuff), our county (and surrounding counties) decided to close schools this week due to the increase in coronavirus numbers. I have a feeling it will probably last several weeks. I'm grateful that Bri is full virtual because she won't be affected by this change. Scientists warned that the virus would get so much worse after the holidays (with people gathering even though they were told not to) and due to winter time. Of course, once again, everything explained and predicted has happened. Cause you know - science.

Georgia's case count on Jan 15...

I'm finally seeing some friends/family members/acquaintances getting vaccinated and it makes me so happy. What makes me unhappy is that the reserve that the Tr@mp administration promised was waiting to go out actually doesn't exist. What a horrible blow for vaccine distribution...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/politics/coronavirus-vaccine-reserve-dose/index.html

 I am happy that there is a new federal vaccination program that will be enacted when our new pres!dent takes office...

 https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/15/us/politics/biden-coronavirus-vaccine.html

 Not all hope is lost. 

I'm so ready for my vaccine, but I have to wait until my turn comes up in line.

************************

Time to get political... 

You'd think I would be in a super happy place right now, but I just can't be. I am finding I cannot focus really well. I am still feeling traumatized by what I witnessed on the 6th. Seeing our democracy almost crushed to death like that.

I have lost friends over this freaking a-hole. I have lost family members over this freaking a-hole. It's devastating.

  I think I need the inaugurati@n to actually happen and then I will take a small breath. Every time I have taken a slight breath since the election, I have been hit in the face with something else horrible that the f@r right/m@ga cult/tr@mp administration has done. I just need them finished and out - as soon as possible.

And even when Wednesday happens, there is a still a sadness that will linger for me...

When Tr@mp leaves office, the strong m@ga mentality will linger for a very long time. What is heartbreaking to me are the people (friends and family of mine) who are still supporting this crazy person who encouraged and supported domest!c terror!sm.

In my naivete, I thought for sure when people saw what Tr@mp said and did on that horrible day that Tr@mp supporters would finally realize what a mistake they had made about him. I think a few did, but a whole lot didn't. And not only did they refuse to claim any sort of mistake, they doubled down on their stance and made excuses and/or straight up lies about the whole situation. I guess that is how brainwashing works.

Ant!fa had NOTHING to do with the riot. The elect!on was NOT rigged. Period...


It was straight up m@ga that day. These were white suprem!sits, ant!-semitists and sedition!sts. Tr@mp told these people that he loved and understood them.

If you are a hard core supporter of Tr@mp, you are either supporting and/or sympathizing with these ideals. My kid is As!an. I'm half Jew!sh. Half my family is Jew!sh. What do you expect me to do? Just be ok with you still? I can't. I just can't...

I never was a person to disconnect with anyone based on their belief system. But since this pandemic started, I started doing just that. And when the Cap!tol was attacked and I saw people trying to lie about it or make excuses for it, I was even more done. This is so different and next level. The pres!dent just led an outright sed!tious act (and got impe@ched for it) - and that is not ok...
 
 
And as more information comes out, we are finding out this attack was meticulously planned. These people were looking to kill officials (including P@nce)...

There was a woman with a bullhorn shouting directions to the mob - what windows to break, what doors to go through, what floors to find people. There are reports that some people inside the Cap!tol may have been involved too. It's horrifying...

Now the people getting arrested are blaming Tr@mp. They are saying he asked them/invited them to do this and they are seeking pardons...

https://www.wkrn.com/news/horned-shirtless-capitol-rioter-wants-pardon-from-trump/

It's just sick. It was very, very planned.

This attack was fueled by fiction...

And after the attacks happened, some G0P legislators had the nerve to complain about this...

Seriously?

And they complained about the impe@chment too...

You can't make this crap up.

I did see something that really did make me laugh (and I haven't been laughing all that much lately)...

 
And now, after lying and bullying for so many years, after inciting a riot where people died and after getting impe@ched for a 2nd time, Tr@mp plans to throw himself a going away ceremony. It is a level of narcissism that I cannot wrap my mind around.

This is how I will always envision him leaving...

These past four years have been beyond difficult...

When I write my next post, the next administrat!on will be in power. Hallelujah...


Hoping for a happier tomorrow...

I really, really hope things will get brighter again soon. I really need them to.

I am not sure how to repair relationships that have been so deeply broken. I'm not sure they can ever be repaired.

I'm not sure how I will resume my "normal" life when we get finally get a hold of this pandemic. I know I will never be the same again. I am forever changed.

I have so much to think about when it comes to where I live, who I continue to associate with and how to heal from all this. It's very overwhelming.

 On a side note, I just started watching "The H@ndmaid's Tale." It's pretty intense. I probably should have waited until Tr@mp is completely out of office. It felt like foreshadowing to me. No joke.

*******************

I want to thank all of you who have continued to read my blog - even when I started getting all angry, scientific and political. And I want to thank those who have left comments introducing yourselves and letting me know how long you've been reading my blog (hi Susan - thanks for your nice comment on my last post!). I cannot believe change is finally around the corner. I just have to keep holding on.

Have a good week everyone. Be back next week.

4 Kind Words:

Susan Meade, Honesdale, PA said...

Thank you Lisa! I enjoy reading your blog! As you have mentioned, I too have lost friends and relatives have stopped talking to me over this a-hole! I don't understand for the life of me how they can find any shred of decency in him-or his entire family for that matter! I believe Obama was "the cause" of all this. How so? These closet racists could not stand having a black man as President. It ate away at them for eight long years. When Chump came into office, he made it clear that their racist feelings were ok and that they were true "Patriots!" I pray all goes well at the Inauguration tomorrow--I already feel calmer knowing we will not have another four years of Chump. I'll be watching tomorrow with pride knowing that I helped to put Biden and Harris there!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with everything you just said Susan! I'm praying for a smooth day tomorrow for sure. I'm so ready for a change! ~Lisa

Alice said...

I’ve enjoyed all of your posts ! I too, hope for brighter days! It’s forced us to have some needed conversations. Praying, with time , we can move forward!

ourdarlinggal said...

I am so happy to see US getting back on track and Biden has hit the ground running!! Our situation here is the worse it's ever been. Dire!! But one day, we will be able to travel to America, got to believe that will happen. Take care Dxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails