November 8, 2021

All About Halloween 2021

Our family loves Halloween. I think it is my favorite holiday. I love the eeriness of it. I love the spookiness of it. I love the fun of it.

 We started our Halloween season with Doug once again decorating the outside of our house...



I decorated the inside of the house...

And yes, zombie girl made her yearly appearance. And now she has a new friend ~ zombie clown boy...

He is SUPER creepy.

Here he is singing...

 Several weeks before Halloween, Doug, Bri and I visited Spirit Halloween...

That is when B found the costume she wanted to wear this year ~ a ringmaster...

I did a photo shoot of her wearing her outfit, and I will blog more about that in my next post.

 Briana worked for several days at school (one Sunday and several weekday afternoons) for beta club to decorate the halls for the "Haunted Hallways" event...

All of the themed hallways are family-friendly except for one ~ the senior hall. That one is quite scary!

Bri worked on the "Alice In Wonderland" hallway. She worked on the tea party section...

She drew the March Hare - it turned out really good!

Bri decided not to work the actual event because she had put so much time decorating beforehand and was feeling tired. She and I thought about going and walking through it, but B didn't feel great that night, so we decided to pass. I'm definitely planning on walking through the halls next year though.

During the Halloween season, we watched our favorite Halloween shows...

Mei Mei was fascinated with Charlie Brown.

Doug also found a little costume for her...

Our little angel ~ and the angel wings can also be worn at Christmastime. :)

I bought some really pretty pumpkins for carving...

And I think we did a really cool job carving them...

Doug bought us colored lights for our pumpkins this year ~ loved them! (Doug's was blue, mine was green and Bri's was pink.)
 
Halloween day/evening finally arrived, and Bri just wanted to pass out candy that night. She wasn't really interested in going out. So, she put on her costume and we all passed out candy that evening...
 
It actually got busy early ~ it was still light outside. A lot of older kids came by first. I think that people were trying to get trick or treating done quickly so they could get home in time to watch the Braves game - heh. Seriously, things quieted down right around 8:15. We gave out candy to probably around 70 or 80 kids that evening. Not too shabby.

So that was our Halloween. Lots of fun. Lots of creepiness. Can't wait until next year. :)

(Bri's photo shoot is coming up next.)


0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails