November 19, 2022

All About Halloween

 
I was determined to blog about Halloween before Thanksgiving hit, so here I am!!

You all know that our family really gets into Halloween each year and this year was no different!

Briana even went trick or treating this year - yes, at age 16! She said the pandemic stole two of her Halloweens, so she was reclaiming Halloween this year! And she had a blast.

First, I decorated the inside of the house (of course)...


 And yes, zombie girl and clown boy made their appearance again. My fortune teller came out too...


 

My jerk lovely husband decided to move zombie girl to try to give us a fright when Bri and I got home from school one day. Zombie girl gave Bri a fright and she gave me a huge eye roll...

Doug and Bri did their magic to the outside...


 The full moon was making an appearance the night I was taking pictures...


The temperatures here in GA have been kind of all over the place. Some warm days and some really chilly. It is rare for me to want to put the fireplace on in October, but several evenings it was called for...


Mei loved to sit on Bri's Halloween blanket...

I enjoyed listen to the Halloween channel on XM radio...

During a week in October, Briana and her beta club schoolmates work on the Haunted Hallways event at the school on the weekend and after school. Briana worked on the Stranger Things hallway. Honestly, the talent of these kids is truly amazing. 

Briana made grandfather clocks for the walls as well as a full-size "Dig Dug" video game machine for the arcade section of the hall (Her friend Meredith worked on the Pac Man video game machine!)...


Bri went around and snapped some pics of some of the other sections of the hallway...

Seriously impressive stuff!

Doug, Bri and I went to a Stranger Things event last weekend (I will blog about that soon), and while there, we ran into a "Dig Dug" video game machine. I just had to take a picture of her with it!

Of course, we carved pumpkins once again...



Doug's was red, mine was pink and Bri's was green...

Mine had such a cool stem, I took a picture of it in the daylight...

Halloween finally came around and our first trick or treater of the evening came with their family all dressed as chickens (hilarious!)...

I put on my devil horns (the horns are a headband, the makeup and teeth are a filter!)...


Bri and her friends Mary and Meredith came up with an idea weeks before Halloween that they would trick or treat as "The Plastics" from the "Mean Girls" movie - and they did an amazing job with it (photo shoot pictures coming in my next post!)...

It was fun to see the girls head out that evening...

They came back after a couple of hours with a lot of candy loot!!

Our family really, really enjoyed this Halloween season and I was actually a bit sad to see it go. But, now we are heading toward Thanksgiving and Christmas, so still a lot to look forward to!

More "Mean Girl" pictures coming next...

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails