June 12, 2023

Another Yummy Food Post

As you all know, I really enjoy taking pictures of food. I guess because when food is placed so nicely on a plate, it is kind of a work of art. And, the food (most of the time) looks at good as it tastes.

Since Briana started working, a lot of evenings are now just Doug and me. Bri doesn't love to eat out, so Doug and I have been having some more outside dining date nights. Of course I miss my girl, but it is nice sometimes when it is just me and D.

I left off in April with my last food post, so now I will post about some places we've eaten in the last month and a half and I will also show off some food we have cooked ourselves.
 
***********************

I'll start of with Doug's and my anniversary at the beginning of May. We had a delicious dinner at one of our favorite restaurant's "Largos" ~ we had shrimp and crab fritters, prime rib, blueberry cheesecake and refreshing white sangria...

A few days later, Doug, Bri and I met up with our friends the C family at restaurant called "Fish Thyme." We hadn't eaten there since before the pandemic. It was delicious. I had a delicious lobster roll tossed in dill mayo and parmesan truffle fries...

About a week after my anniversary, Mother's Day comes along. A few days before Mother's Day, I met my mom and sister for lunch one afternoon at this yummy hot dog joint called the "The Original Hot Dog Factory"...

And for actual Mother's Day, Doug, Bri and I enjoyed a fondue feast at "The Melting Pot"...

Doug and I hadn't been to "Buffalo's Cafe" in many years, and we decided to check that out again. I really enjoy their buffalo chicken wrap...


There is a little pita place not too far from where we live that serves the BEST gyros - it is called "Pita King"...

Doug and I hadn't been to Red Lobster in forever (we used to go there quite a bit when we first got married), so we went there one evening for fun ~ we had Caesar salad, lobster feast for Doug and crab alfredo for me...
 

There is a Louisiana restaurant not far from where we live named "Henry's" and all the food is so delish ~ seafood fondue appetizer, fried crawfish in cream sauce pasta for me, catfish (cooked two ways) on jambalaya for Doug and creme brulee for dessert...

We also love a nearby Italian place called "Fuscos." They have such good pasta and risotto. Bruschetta, Caesar salad, pasta with vodka cream sauce for me and seafood risotto for Doug...


We frequented "UnWined and Tap" again (we go there every so often). Unfortunately the food was just meh this last time we went, even though it looked very pretty...

We were disappointed because the food is usually really good there. The fried green tomatoes lacked flavor, the sesame beef had a nice flavor but the meat was not super tender and the peanut butter pie was just ok.

One place we really enjoy going is "1885 Grill." The restaurant can get a bit noisy, but the food is really good. Doug and I went there while Bri was at her drama club induction and we got some super juicy and tasty burgers. And then I went again a few weeks later with two of my best girlfriends and I got honey garlic shrimp and maple glazed brussel sprouts. SO good...

Finally, I want to share with you the meal we had out at "Viva Chicken" - which is a Peruvian rotisserie chicken place. We had chicken, yucca fries, Peruvian fried rice and corn salad. All SO good. The corn salad had a bit too much cilantro in it for me, but if you love cilantro, it is the salad for you...


****************************

Now for a few meals we have cooked at home (Bri was home for all these meals!).

Doug smoked some amazing ribs one night...

I made a yummy turkey chili...
 

 Doug grilled a delicious tri-tip...


I baked some super juicy pork chops the other night (I was excited they turned out so good - I tend to overcook chops sometimes)...


We steamed some crab claws and ate some grilled corn one evening...

And finally, I made some tasty cheesesteak sandwiches (with grilled onions). They were quite good if I do say so myself...

Hope you enjoyed this food post. And I hope I didn't make you too hungry!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails