November 13, 2023

Another Senior Year Update

Seriously, how are we just a little over a month away from the end of the first semester of senior year? These last few months have flown by at lightning speed.

As busy as this semester has been, next semester will be crazier. Not really looking forward to it because I don't like crazy. But, we'll get through it.

  The amount of mail and email Bri's gets from colleges now is just insane...

This is just a small portion of what she has received. She's gotten mail from colleges all over the country and from art schools in Chicago, NY, Philly and more - but SCAD still has her heart so far.

I may have mentioned in previous posts that Briana is in culinary class. She really enjoys it. At school, she has to dress in her chef's uniform every time she enters the kitchen. Look how cute she is (she wasn't thrilled posing for me in her outfit - heh - and she had her non-slip shoes at school, so she wasn't wearing them in the pic)...

 
For National Art Honor Society, Briana participated in "The Memory Project" (https://www.memoryproject.org/ ) and drew a picture of a little boy that she received. The portrait will be sent to him. He lives in Columbia. She hopes he enjoys this portrait she drew!
 
The school homecoming dance was in October. Briana told me that she (and her friend Meredith) had no interest in going this year.  Last year, the girls enjoyed getting dressed up, having dinner out and seeing some friends at the dance, but they were really underwhelmed by the dance itself. So this year, they opted out. Instead, they decided to dress up, invite friend Mary to come along, go out to dinner and then hang out at my house for the rest of the evening...
 




Bri said she had a wonderful time. I could really tell that she had more fun doing her own thing with her friends than going to the dance.

A few days ago, the school hosted the Senior Breakfast/PJ Day. Here she is in her jammies...


Mei Mei did not go with her to the breakfast - ha!

Briana is doing great in all her classes. She's been volunteering for her clubs. I wrote a senior ad and submitted it for her yearbook (sniff). And B is very ready for Thanksgiving break.

Lastly, the first weekend in October, I set up an outdoor senior photo shoot for Briana. The photographer we used (April from Reflective Images Photography) was recommended to me by a good friend. April was amazing! We picked several spots for the shoot. Briana isn't the most natural model as she tends to tense up when being the center of attention, but April put her at ease and B looked beautiful. Bri didn't wear glasses in most of the photos because two of her three pairs are transitions (lenses darken to sunglasses in the sunlight). We couldn't have that, so she opted to go glasses free!

Here were some of the locations...



These were a few photos Doug and I snapped of Bri posing for April...

And here is a sneak peek of Bri's photo shoot (April is editing all the photos I chose and I should get them from her in a couple weeks)...
 

I'm still in a bit of shock that this is all happening. I am still processing that I am a mom to a senior in high school. It's all starting to hit me! I'm still not ready for all of this, but I really don't have a choice in the matter!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails