January 4, 2025

NYE Recap And The New Year

I cannot believe we are 4 days into 2025 already. The last few days have been a bit of a blur.

Doug and I had a lovely NYE with Briana - we had a delicious dinner at the Melting Pot, viewed Beetlejuice 2 on Max (quite entertaining) and then watched Andy and Anderson get sloshed on CNN. I asked Briana if she wanted to hang with us on NYE and she definitely wanted to. She is a true homebody - she will get thrust back into college life again soon enough. I told her I will totally accept when she wants to hang out with us because I do know in time, she will choose her friends or a significant other over us (which is totally fine)!

This was our evening...

The last few days have been trying to put away the Christmas decorations (it has been slow going for me) and getting Briana packed up for school again. I also had a PT session thrown in.

On the 2nd, Doug watched the Notre Dame/UGA game (if you have followed me long enough, you know we are ND fans in this house - Doug's dad graduated from ND), and they won the Sugar Bowl. Doug was SO happy...


He is looking forward to the ND/Penn State game now.

Mei has been decompressing from the craziness of the holidays...

Bri got her hair trimmed before heading back to school...

I forgot to mention that in December, Briana and I witnessed a fox running in our backyard...

It freaked me out just a little!

Briana's winter quarter classes start on Monday. Yesterday was the first day students were allowed to return to school. B brought a lot of stuff home with her during Christmas break because she was home for seven weeks. So, Doug and I helped her bring most of her stuff back to SCAD today. Bri wants to have two more sleeps at home, so she will return to school officially on Sunday. We left her car at school because finding parking in the parking garage nearest to her dorm can be tricky (we drove two cars to SCAD today). Her dorm room is now ready and waiting for her on Sunday. SCAD winter quarter is almost here!

After successfully dropping all her stuff off, we did have a nice lunch at La Parrilla...

Unfortunately, Briana's old Apple Watch started dying recently, so on the way home from SCAD, we decided to stop at an Apple Store to get a new one for her. I like knowing she wears it while at school.

So, D and I will take Briana to lunch tomorrow and then drop her off at SCAD. She will have a 20 week stretch of school winter/spring quarters (with just a week of spring break in between). She will come home for spring break in March.

I'm going to miss her so much. I know she can come home for weekends, but I did get used to her being at home every day again. 

Also, I spent 90 percent of Bri's first quarter stuck in bed or in a recliner very focused on recovering from my surgery. So, this will be the first time I will be experiencing her being at school while my life is a bit more "normal." I wonder how it will all feel.

Unfortunately, I think I have been doing too much between putting decorations away, PT and getting Bri situated at school because my body is feeling all sorts of pain right now - back, legs, knees and heel. I am 14 weeks post op, but I guess I am still not ready to go at his pace yet. I have to slow down.

So that is the scoop for now.

I hope you are all having a good January so far. Be back soon!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails