August 7, 2025

Bri's 19th Birthday Recap

My baby turned 19 on Tuesday. I still don't know where the years went. Sigh.

As you know, our family doesn't celebrate birthdays in just one day. We celebrate for several days.

Briana wanted/needed to go shopping for some new clothes for school, so before Doug started his new job, he took her out for a shopping day. I did not tag along because I had some errands I needed to do that day (though I was texted frequently throughout the shopping adventure).

Since Bri somehow ended up with a lot of clothes that day, I am considering them birthday presents - it makes me feel better - heh. Doug spoiled her that day - big time. Mama was not there to reel them both in. But I will say, Bri really doesn't go clothes shopping very often, so I am trying to give giving them a pass. Bri looked very cute heading out that day...

Even the cat (in the bottom right corner) is thinking...that's a lot of clothes!
 
They had lunch out together (they sent me all these photos)...

Let's just say Bri won't need new clothes for a while. And she will be looking quite stylish.

Then Briana had a couple of her besties over one afternoon to watch a movie, play some pool and then go out to eat dinner for her birthday...

Briana's food...

While Briana was out with her friends, Doug and I had a dinner date...

We also met my parents for a pizza lunch one day to celebrate Briana's birthday. They indulged her with sweet gifts...
 
Then Bri's actual birthday rolled around. I once again gave her balloons in the morning...

She and I had a mom/daughter lunch/shopping day. We visited Michaels, Ulta, Target and Starbucks (for a free drink) - all the good places...


We came home and rested a while and then got dressed up for dinner.

But first, it was candles and presents time (Briana wearing a new dress from her shopping spree)...

We did not eat the cheesecake that day, we knew we would be eating dessert out that evening.

We headed to Briana's request, Ruth's Chris...

School just started in our neck of the woods, so the place was practically empty that night. The food was delicious as always...

Briana received a number of birthday texts and also birthday FB wishes (via me - she doesn't have FB) - and she felt very special that day.

And we will be going on a vacation soon, so I guess that could be considered an extension of birthday festivities (sort of)!

Thank you to everyone who spent time and/or reached out to Miss B on her 19th and the days leading up to it.

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails