August 4, 2025

The Rest Of July

The last week of July for our little family was a pretty busy one.

We celebrated Briana's gotcha day anniversary, I had a blood draw appointment, a doctor appointment and a therapy (counseling) appointment that week, I met a friend for lunch one day, we made a trip to H Mart, and Doug and Bri went to their last D&D game of the summer.

************************

We celebrated our family day once again by going to The Melting Pot for dinner.

 It is always delicious and it is a couple of hours where our family can chit chat and enjoy a meal together.

Briana dressed up for the occasion...

Our family...

We dined on cheese, bread and veggies, meats and shellfish, chocolate and sweets...

I love our little family.

***********************

A few days before our gotcha day anniversary, we made another trip to H Mart. We had gone through most of the groceries we had gotten a few weeks prior, so we needed to make another run...

We ate at the food court again (everything was so good - especially the dumplings)...

We bought filets and beef bulgogi to bring home. Doug grilled up the steaks one evening (so good) and I made a very yummy stir fry with the bulgogi (if I do say so myself)...

And see these shoes?

I had not worn these sneakers in forever. I couldn't wear them because they pushed my on swollen heel and it was quite painful. The day we visited H Mart, I put on the shoes and had no pain in my heel. I am a bit of a mess in the rest of my body right now, but I was so happy to put on these shoes again and walk around the store like a normal (sort of normal) person again.
 
 **************************

The evening that Doug and Bri went to their last D&D game, I was alone in the house. I started walking downstairs and I looked out the window. I noticed that the sky was pink. I have seen colorful sunrises and sunsets before, but this was different. Everything outside had a pink hue to it - it was so crazy...

A few days before that, I noticed a faint rainbow in the sky. I hadn't seen one in real life in a long time...

And the night of Briana's gotcha day anniversary, the clouds were just beautiful as we were driving home from dinner...

Mother nature has been showing off a bit lately.

****************************

Doug was very kind to drive me to my therapy appointment so we could have lunch together afterward. We went to Super Chix again and it was so good...


**************************
 
Ok, um, I bought another labubu figurine for me and Briana. I know, I know. These are the adorable Coca Cola figurines and like I said, anything labubu is pretty difficult to get...
 
 I saw these available on Amazon and snagged two while I saw them. Of course, they sold out quickly. Did I originally say I didn't really care about labubu stuff? Yes. Do I need it? Not at all. Did I mean what I said at the time about not caring about it? Yes. Did I change my mind? Again yes. Is it silly/crazy/ridiculous that I am kind of obsessed with these stupid things now? Absolutely yes. Is it really more of the hunt and catch rather than the actual product that is so appealing? Probably yes. Is it ok that I am having some fun with something so silly because life is kind of hard and I don't feel all that well and this gives me a small piece of happiness? I think so.

****************************

At lastly, here are a few pictures of my sweet girls...

While Doug and I were out eating chicken sandwiches the other day, Briana decided to send us a few cute cat/kid selfies. When Briana heads back to school in September, she is going to miss this cat so dang much. And vice versa. I am quite sure B will once again miss Mei more than me and Doug. Heh.

****************************

So that was the rest of our July. It is now August. I can't believe it. Doug started at his new job/company today - which is pretty exciting (send good vibes his way please!). I am looking forward to going on vacation soon because I haven't really left this house for any significant amount of time in a year. It is time for me to get away for a few days. Briana has already started her back to school clothing journey (she has gotten some really cute things) - I will post about that soon!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails