I'm finally getting a moment to blog about our March.
It was another month for me full of doctor and therapy appointments. Still trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with my stomach...
I will do another post all about the testing I have gone through and the things I have found out (not much) - as well as my continuing journey with food.
Mei Mei had to get a teeth cleaning a couple of teeth removed. I hate when she has to go under anesthesia - she is always extremely wired and whacked out for about 24 hours after she gets back home...
Then the pain meds I have to give her make her groggy. I'm always happy when we get a few days past it and she starts to act like herself again.
Here she is watching a video of birds in a birdbath when she started feeling better...
The bright spot in the month of March was Briana coming home for the week for her spring break. She definitely need to come home and decompress from the hectic college life.
She was so happy to see her kitty again...
When Briana got home, she really wanted to eat at her favorite Korean BBQ place. So we made an evening of it...
We stopped first at "Hobbytown USA" - it is all things hobby, collectible, geek, nerd, kid-like - you name it...
I decided to buy a cute little Asian cat blind box...
Then we feasted on Korean BBQ and sushi...
It never disappoints!
Then Briana spent a day with her friend Meredith - who was at the end of her spring break. It was lucky their breaks crossed!
We celebrated St. Patrick's Day while Briana was home...
I put corned beef in a crockpot that day. Full disclosure, it did not turn out good. The piece of corned beef was so incredibly fatty - even after cooking all day. The potatoes and cabbage were good, but the beef not so much. I was disappointed.
Bri got her hair cut and colored that morning. Her hair was getting so long. She wanted to go back to her darker hair (which I love), and she looked so cute...
I asked Briana if she wanted to go anywhere while she was home, and she said she wanted to visit Ellijay. So off we went on a Friday.
We first went into the town and visited our favorite antique shop. Then we stopped in a gluten-free bakery and a fudge shop...
And then we went to our favorite BBQ place in Ellijay. The new owners still aren't taking care of Pig Hill - which makes me really sad. I'm not sure why they just don't take it down. But the food is still really good...
Then we stopped at our favorite market...
Since Briana can't make it home for Easter this year, I asked if she still wanted me to decorate the house, receive an Easter basket and dye Easter eggs. She was on board for it all! So we did everything early...
Briana enjoyed her week at home and it was a bit sad to send her back to school.
But, I do have a brag about B for a minute. She and her friend S started up a crochet club at school. They had to get permission, find professors to sponsor, attend leadership meetings, drum up interest, etc. I think it will be a big success!
Doug and I did have a nice evening out with some friends toward the end of March - I had my first glass of wine in many, many months...
So that was our March for the most part. Like I said, other than Briana coming home to visit, my March mainly consisted of appointments - which made it difficult to get together with friends. I intend to make that up in April.
Next post, I'll give you another health update.










.png)













0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment