Kathy and I hit a consignment sale for "big toys" early Saturday morning. When my alarm went off at 6:30, I couldn't believe I was waking up that early on a Saturday to go toy shopping.The sale was located at a house with a very large backyard in a quiet neighborhood. Well, I am sure it is quiet on a normal day. Kathy pulled into the neighborhood right in front of me (around 7:55 - what timing!) and there were already cars parked everywhere. The gate was opening at 8AM sharp. We stood in a long line of eager parents ready to pounce on the best bargins. The woman in charge of the sale passed around stickers that said "sold" on them so we could claim our finds and still be able to walk around looking for more goodies.
The gate opened and everyone started to swarm. Kathy went on her way, and I went to the Lego tables immediately. (I live with a Lego enthusiast, so I know that will go over big in my house.) I found a cute Lego table in good condition - sold! Then I found a cute piano that played all sorts of tunes. When Doug saw it, he called it "baby's first synthesizer". Last, I found a cute kitchen set. When you hit certain buttons, the faucet sounds like water, the burner sizzles, etc.


I did well with my finds, but Kathy did much better! She found seven items that fit the bill! Thank goodness she brought an SUV because she needed a lot of room and we had to do some creative packing! I would hold the packed items in the car as she shoved more in! It was so funny! Here is a picture of Kathy's backseat...

I would say the day was quite a success!

2 Kind Words:
Rock on!
Sorry I missed that but we had fun rafting the Ocoee... neener!
Ya know, I figured out when I was cleaning the large changing table thing that the legs come off! Would have been good to know as we were shoving it in the car!
Post a Comment