Children's Home Society sends out an electronic newsletter every month to keep everyone in the China program updated. The newsletter actually stated that November is out of the review room! Here's what it said, "Families with log-in dates through July 13th have been matched, so families with log-in dates of July 14th through November 2005 have all moved through review and now await matching." This is so great! (But I still want to see it on the CCAA website - it's a mental thing!)They also addressed the stressful wait. Of course, it is the same thing I have heard for months from them. They said, " As you already know, there has been a growing length of the waiting period between log-in and referral dates since last November. The current wait time is 13 months, and we anticipate that this trend will continue and we have seen no indication yet of when it will stabilize or reverse. This ebb and flow in waiting time is natural and expected in international adoptions. In the past we have seen the wait for China go as high as 18 months and as low as 6 months. Unfortunately, wait times are unpredictable, and all anybody or any agency can do is monitor the current situation and estimate from this what the near future for wait times might be. We here at CHSFS will continue to keep you informed about the status of the waiting time. " Blah, blah, blah.
Of course the wait started extending as soon as Doug and I were logged in the system! Feels like all my friends' kids will be applying for college before I get Briana home. But I keep being told that good things come to those who wait. How about those who wait and wait and wait and wait? Ha!
Well, I am still very happy about jumping this huge hurdle. The wait is officially on!

0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment