February 7, 2009

Briana's First "Real" Haircut

This is the real first haircut at a salon - not the one where I hack at it the best I can. :)

Briana and I are getting over our colds now and are starting to feel much better. Doug is the sick one now, but he wanted to see Bri's hair cut today, so he went with us feeling a bit under the weather.

I honestly can't believe how well Briana did. What a champ! Bri sat still the whole time (for the most part) and smiled throughout it too. I didn't get too much length cut off because I still want cute pigtails and ponytails, but the hairdresser (Shari) trimmed and cleaned it up a bit. Briana even went back to the shampoo station. Shari didn't shampoo her hair, but she did get it pretty wet!

Here is a picture play by play!

Waiting to be called back...this magazine is very interesting.

Shampoo station!

Getting set up.

Briana looks so little in the chair!

Some support from Mommy.

Some support from "baby" as well.

Shari showing Briana her hairdryer with sparkles on it.

Drying her hair.

Curling it a bit.

Final touches.

A little hair discussion...

Voila! Happy Briana!

Afterward, we ran to Garden Ridge to pick up a few things. Briana got a little treat - a small hoola hoop. Here are some pics of Briana new do!


My baby is growing up. Sniff!

16 Kind Words:

Kim said...

Amazing how fast they grow..
I have one that went from newborn to 19 in a flash..
Have a great evening..
Hugs..

Trixie said...

I can't believe how she is growing...first she was so tall..and now with a big girl haircut.

Oh dear! Where are all the babies? Now we have big kids!

Unknown said...

We just did the first cut thing as well. It is crazy to see your little lady in the big chair!

t~ said...

Yes she is....sniff.

Love the new do!

Suzie said...

Such a big girl!! She looks beautiful :o)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

She looks so cute!! OMG...that first picture is priceless!! I am glad she was a trooper....her friend over here does not like to sit still for her hair appts:)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Lisa

Tracy said...

Yes, she is growing up - and such a beautiful little girl she is! Sucha a happy one, too.

Charlotte would do okay - until that blow dryer comes out...

Anonymous said...

I love the one of her sitting in the chair reading a magazine, waiting for her turn. It's like she goes there every Saturday!!! Whata cutie..she is growing up fast!!!

Julie said...

Wow, she still has so much hair!!! This is the age where the big kid stuff start to happen. Naomi is out of her crib, out of the high chair, out of diapers and mostly done with the sippy cups! I am happy for her when she reaches the milestones, but sad to loose the baby "stuff".

Liene said...

Very cute. I was so nervous the 1st time Eriks got a haircut but he sat pretty darn still and now he even tries to tell the gal who cuts his hair how he wants it. It's actually kind of funny when he says, "You need to cut that curl off."

Where did you take Bri??

OziMum said...

WOW! She did so well!!! I think she even sat better than Harry does (he's 7!!!)

:)

Doug and Terrye said...

What a perfect beauty! Those little bangs are so adorable framing her face :)

Terrye in FL

Deb said...

What a cute little client!
Love the new do!
Did you save a snippit for her album?

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love the picture of her reading the magazine, Such a little lady.
Donna

Catherine said...

Cute hair cut...and she did so well!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails