December 4, 2009

Catching Up

Wow - we have been battling nasty colds in our house on top of celebrating Thanksgiving and trying to decorate for Christmas. There hasn't been a lot of time for blogging. Doug now has the cold that Briana had for about 10 days. Briana's nose has finally stop running thank goodness!

Now it's time for a little catch up!

We had a great Thanksgiving. We celebrated at my parents' house and the meal was delicious. We were all stuffed by the end of it. Before our feast, we had to catch Santa on TV in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, of course.

Briana did some reading with Papa...

And hugs for Gramma...

Briana was fighting her cold the week of Thanksgiving, but Bri is always a trooper and still manages to enjoy everything. Here she is decorating the tree that sits upstairs in my room on Thanksgiving weekend...

Ta Da!!!!!

Then on Saturday, we needed to search for a real tree for our family room downstairs. I don't know what was up, but the place we always go to find a tree had maybe 50 trees in the lot - total. Usually they have hundreds of trees. I was so worried I might not find one, but I did!

Here are Briana and I in front of our find...

Then my mother-in-law and father-in-law stayed at our house for a couple of nights this week because they are moving out to Colorado (retiring out there) and needed a place to sleep since their bed was on a moving truck! Plus they got some quality Briana time before they headed out. Doug's brother currently lives there and they are looking forward to clean living and mountain views. We had a nice going away dinner for them on Tuesday night.

And they got to see Briana in gymnastics class before they left as well...

Bri is so cute in this picture...

And yesterday, I was able to decorate our real tree...

I still have decorations that I haven't taken out yet and still have so many presents to buy. I love Christmas, but boy is it exhausting!!!!

So here is the quick catch up. We went to a birthday party today, have some fun plans tonight and a parade tomorrow, so I have a lot of blogging still to do. Gosh I'm tired!!!

3 Kind Words:

Kim said...

WOW>.
I am tired now..LOL..
Love all the photos and sounds like you have been having fun..
besides being sick.
Hugs/.
Have a great weekend..

Polar Bear said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better! I hope Doug is better today, too.

LOVE the picture of Bri on the bleachers.

Your trees look fabulous!!

Sherri said...

Oh my gosh as always I LOVE YOUR pictures of that beauitful little girl of yours!! Briana just seems to be the prefect little girl and that photo of you holding her..priceless!
Sorry to hear you all have been sick, i'm glad your all feeling better now.

xoxo,
Sherri

Related Posts with Thumbnails