December 14, 2011

Our China Tree

Briana and I decorated a special tree this year with all of our China-themed ornaments. We have some that were purchased in China and some that we have collected here in the states. I got the China tree idea from bloggy friend Sandra. Her girls have decorated a China tree for years and I have always admired the idea. I found a little tree on sale last year right after Christmas and I knew it was perfect. I had a snowflake-shaped tree topper sitting in my basement forever and I knew it would be great for the top.

Here is Miss B decorating the tree...



A few sparky snowflakes thrown in to match the topper and we now have a China-themed snowflake Christmas tree.

Our elf "Red" liked our tree so much, he decided to hide in there one day last week... 

We love our little China tree. It reminds us of the wonderful country where Briana was born. A country that a piece of our hearts will always remain.

7 Kind Words:

Sherri said...

Lisa, what a beautiful idea - it so put tears in my eyes seeing it. I think we need to do the same for Emma - next year would be prefect being it will be her first ever Christmas with us.

I JUST LOVE IT! Hoping to put Emma's referral photo on our tree this year...praying for that referral to come in..

Ladybug Dragon said...

I love your China tree! Maybe I can do a petite one for Ashton one day! Thank you for sharing!

Bailey said...

What a neat idea. I love it! I can see us starting this tradition next year. How sweet!

Wendy said...

In all my 20 years as an adoptive parent I have never heard of this idea. I LOVE IT! I guess next year will have Philippines and Thailand trees in our house!

Sandra said...

Looks good! We enjoy our China tree so much. It's very special to me; probably even more so than to the girls :-)

kitchu said...

i love this idea, though we mix ours in with our tree, seeing the two cultures coming together i guess. honoring her heritage as part of our own now, i don't know :O) but i think this is such a beautiful idea.

Julie said...

beautiful!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails