January 17, 2012

Daddy's Birthday Recap

Doug had a wonderful birthday on Friday - even though it was Friday the 13th!

Doug did have to work that day, but he worked from home all day (he works from home usually unless he is traveling or has a meeting in Atlanta) and I was able to have lunch with him. Briana wished Daddy "Happy Birthday" before she headed to school. She also wished him peace and love...

That evening, Briana and I took Daddy out to dinner at one of his favorite restaurants. Here are my two favorite people...

After we dined on our main courses, Daddy got a special treat from the restaurant...


And Briana ordered Smores...


Bri and I had decorated for Daddy the night before his birthday...

Since we were so full from dinner (and knowing we would be getting dessert at the restaurant), I bought Doug a small piece of strawberry shortcake so he could blow out a candle. He opted to eat the slice the next day...

Briana loved helping Daddy open his gifts...

He received a new Keurig from me and Bri. And he got a cool Golden Tee video game from my mom and dad. Doug was showing Briana how to use it...

It was such a nice birthday and I think Doug felt the love. Between you and me, this was his last birthday in his 30's. And he can't be mad at me for blabbing because I am going to out myself too. This will be my last birthday in my thirties come June. So, next year is the big 4-0 for the both of us. Ahem. I feel my mid-life crisis coming on already. ;)

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails