Like mother, like daughter. Right? Briana, Doug and I had a nice mix of relaxation and keeping busy the week between Christmas and New Year's. Monday and Tuesday were totally low key. Bri played with all her new toys and I started cleaning up the Christmas bomb that had hit my house. Tuesday night, Doug went to a mini high school chorus reunion at a nearby Mexican restaurant. The weather so nasty and rainy that night that Briana and just stayed home and chilled.
Wednesday afternoon, Bri and I had lunch with my good friend Carole and her son guy (the family we went to Chattanooga with the Christmas before last) and then Wednesday evening, I had a girl's night with my friend Kathy.
Thursday was movie day with my high school friend Julie and her daughter Olivia. I say high school friend, but Julie and I actually met in middle school. Yes, I have known her forever. I put my gray vest on that day and Briana wanted to put on her new furry gray vest that Gramma gave her, so we would match (see above pic). I love that she wanted to dress similarly to me. I really don't mind because one day she will think I am way to uncool to dress like. :) We met J and O for a quick lunch and then we went to see "Chipwrecked." The girls absolutely loved it. When we got out of the theater, the girls found a photo booth and took some super cute photos. Here are a couple photos of the day...
During the week, as I said, Briana checked out some of her new toys. This Playdoh Drill and Fill is really cute, yet a bit creepy at the same time. Doug went around calling Briana "Hermie" all week...
My cousin Jennifer, her hubby Andy and adorable son Brady were in town visiting my aunt and uncle. So me, Briana, my sister and nephew met the whole gang at my mom's house on Friday for some lunch. And more presents were exchanged...
I had been promising Briana for weeks that she would be able to have a "sleepover" in my room with me. Since school was out, I thought Friday night would be perfect. Daddy was kicked out to the downstairs bedroom and it was only us girls. Briana is so pretty when she sleeps, isn't she?
The next day was New Years Eve Day and I spent that day finishing putting away all the Christmas decorations. We had company coming over that night to ring in the new year with us - more details to come...















3 Kind Words:
She is always pretty but especially so when she sleeps.
You guys don't stop, ever, for one second!
I so never know what to say on about your post...it's always the same old thing...at just how beautiful that child of yours is!
I always find the time between Xmas and NY weird......just in limbo, I suppose. Scotland always likes to party hard for New Years, so its probably due to the expectations!! I'm kind of glad to be back to normal routine (dont tell!)...doesnt it seem a long time ago now?
Gracie had just discovered Playdo...OMG, its everywhere!
And as for " Briana/Sleeping Beauty", I wish I looked liked that when I sleep...Im pretty sure I don't Hehe!
Post a Comment