At age 1, Briana loved Elmo. By age 2, she started moving on to Dora and Mickey/Minnie Mouse. Then it was all princesses at ages 3 and 4. By age 5, she still liked princesses but also started loving Barbie. Now at age 6, she stills loves princesses and Barbie but has added Hello Kitty.
Briana stopped watching Sesame Street a while ago. So when my friend Ansu asked if we would be interested in joining her, Khalid and Kira at Sesame Street Live (Kira absolutely loves Sesame Street), I thought Briana would possibly say no. But when she heard her friend Kira wanted to go, she gave me a definite yes.
The girls were all smiles when we arrived at the arena. We walked through the CNN Center to get there...
Kira was giddy knowing she was going to see Elmo and Big Bird...
The girls impatiently waiting for the show to start...
The show was really cute. The girls were engaged the whole time. And this was Kira's very first live show...
I was a total sucker and bought both girls Elmo balloons that cost waaaay too much. But they loved them...
I wasn't sure how Briana would like the show, but she really enjoyed it. I am happy that she still finds joy in "smaller kid" things. She really hasn't jumped on the "teenage bandwagon" yet (liking boy bands, etc), and that makes me happy because she is only six and I am sure she will in time. She has plenty of time for that. :D



1 Kind Words:
What a fun day! It's neat when little ones get older and still want to be there for their younger friends. Just yesterday my 14yo niece said, 'I want to go to Disney on Ice with Hannah just like when I was little so that I can see her face!' So sweet!
Your sweet Briana is an awesome kid!
Post a Comment