What can I say? Legos and Star Wars all in one place. On Doug's 40th birthday weekend. The mother ship called us home. *Snort*
When my sister forwarded me an e-mail a couple of weeks ago saying that the Legoland Discovery Center was having "Star Wars" weekend on Doug's 40th birthday weekend, I knew it was the perfect thing to do. So that Saturday morning, we headed out.
The center is located in an upscale mall in the Atlanta area...
When you enter the facility, you are greeted by all things Lego...
We got Briana this cool activity pack. She had to stamp it at every area she visited at the center. If she visited every area, she would receive a prize at the end of the visit (which ended up being two cool buttons)...
Chewbacca greeted us at the door...
He led us to an area that had a cool ride/game - it kind of reminded me of the "Toy Story" ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios...
After the ride, we went to the Atlanta Lego room. You could see all the main visitor attractions of the Atlanta area in Lego form - Stone Mountain, the stadiums, Centennial Olympic Park and more. Except that weekend, Atlanta had been invaded by Star Wars...
Poor droids got run over by the Marta train...
Once through the Atlanta room, you entered the main Lego area with a number of stations to stop at...
They had a cool ride called "Merlin's Apprentice"...
There was a little room we entered where the kids could put Legos on a little square and add it to a big picture...
Bri pointing to her piece. I never did find out what the picture ended up being...
The girl Lego section (we actually spent the least amount of time there)...
The build your own Lego racer station...
Look at Bri keeping up with all those boys...
There was a cool 4D movie...
And there was also an indoor play area that Briana really enjoyed.
(A quick side note though - you can definitely tell the well-mannered kids verses the not-so-well-mannered kids when you observe a play area. There was one swinging type ball that the kids could swing on in this area. There were two brothers (that were old enough to know better) that kept hogging and stealing the ball from the other kids waiting in line to ride on it. Bri managed to get on it a couple of times, but she spent a ton of time waiting for her turn again because of the boys refusing to get off of it. I finally called across the area to her to stop waiting and just play on something else because those kids didn't know how to share. And do you know where their parents were? Yeah - I'm not sure either. I did see a few people sitting on benches texting. I'll make a huge bet they were sitting there.)
I had to call Briana out of the play area because the main attraction was heading in the door ~
The Star Wars characters!!!
Briana loved seeing everyone - except for Darth Vader. She was scared by him a bit...
I think Doug may have been even a bit more excited to see the characters walk in than Briana. Heh.
We were there around 2.5 hours and it started to get sooo crowded. So, we did a little shopping at the Lego store and then we headed across the mall to Johnny Rockets (which was delicious by the way)...
I love the little happy faces they make with ketchup. And it was perfect because we all had smiles on our faces after such a fun morning. :)




















3 Kind Words:
My goodness that place was so impressive.
Great photos! I found these with a Google search for images of Atlanta. I hope you don't mind -- I've shared the image of the MARTA train and droids on my ATL Urbanist blog. If you do mind, please let me know and I'll remove it.
- Darin
Hi there!
Just popped by! We are going to Legoland Chicago in a few weeks for their Star Wars day. Now I'm even more excited after checking this out!
Thanks!
Post a Comment