October 10, 2014

They Keep Moving Away

My sweet gal can't seem to catch a break!

Briana has made a few close friends at school, but a small few over the years. She has lots of friends outside of school that she has grown up with and I am so grateful she has those close friendships. But, she hasn't made a ton of friends at school on her own.

When B was in kindergarten, I really wanted her to make a close school friend. She was really good friends with a little boy named Khalil and then a new girl came to school about halfway through the year named Izzie. Izzie and Bri got pretty tight at school.

When Bri returned to school for 1st grade, Izzie wasn't anywhere to be found. I'm assuming she moved away. Her friend Khalil ended up in her again class and they were still good friends. And then she met Emily. Sweet, lovely Emily. The girls got really tight. Halfway through the year, Miss Emily moved to a different school in the area, but the girls kept in touch. (Several months ago, Miss E moved to Texas with her family and we miss her so very much. And I am good friends with her mama - so this was a very sad loss for me too.)

After Emily left the school, Briana friended a little girl named T, and luckily Bri and T are still really great friends today. T is a really sweet girl. (They just did their castle project together).

In second grade, neither T or Khalil were placed in her class. Briana started becoming friends (or so she thought) with a couple of different girls, but then it ended up turning into a mean girl situation. Bri was heartbroken. After the fallout from that situation, Bri connected with a girl named Cameron. And guess what? Cameron moved away a few months before the school year ended. Seriously. 

Luckily, Bri had also become friends with two other sweet girls (A and M) from her regular 2nd grade class and one little girl (L) from her Venture class (and they all came to Bri's b-day party).

And now it's third grade. Her friend A was placed in her class again and that made her happy. But now Bri has become super close with another little girl in her class ~ "I". According to Briana, they are really, really tight at school. Bri says they do everything together at school

But guess what? Bri told me that "I" is moving away very soon too.

How it is possible that Bri keeps getting close to kids that move away?

I feel so badly for her. She doesn't have a ton of friends at school. Not to say she doesn't get along with everyone because I think she does, but I'm talking more about being tight with someone.

Thank goodness she will still have her friend A (who came to her party) in her class, but right now that seems to be it. I don't think Bri has branched out all that much in the social department at school. And when "I" leaves, I'm afraid she is going to be lonely in class. I keep trying to urge her to talk to some of the other girls in class, but I don't think she tries very hard to do that.

I'm grateful for the couple of girls that are still around. I just hope Bri will be able make some more friends in her class that won't be moving on anytime soon. Every time Miss B starts to get her footing, the rug is ripped out from under her again. Sigh. :(

(((*On a side note - thanks for all your support on my last post. So many of you have said you are dealing with the same issue. It is good to know that I am in good company!*)))

1 Kind Words:

dawn said...

I think we are living parallel lives. Did you see my post about this a week or so ago. Urgh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails