The Boosterthon Fun Run landed on Halloween this year and the temperatures were pretty chilly for during the day. Because of the chilly temperatures, the school moved around the run times for all the grades (pushing the time back for the 3rd grade run to the lunchtime hour), so Doug wasn't able to make it because he had a few meetings. Bummer. :(
I was there - of course!
This is where the kids ran out of...
Bri with her classmates...
Warming up and dancing before the run...
They did two walking laps to get started...
Then it was time to run...
The kids were given water cups to hold on to around the track...
Bri's running club coach rooted her on the entire time. It was really sweet...
Bri getting her shirt marked...
Every time a student runs a lap, a teacher marks it.
There she goes...
Bri tripped on someone's foot (it's so crowded during the run) and fell down waiting to get her shirt marked. She looked at me and started to cry. She scraped her knee and smashed her cup during the fall. I got her to come over to me for a quick hug and some encouragement. I told her to quickly get a new cup (which she did) and she continued on.
Miss B got 36 laps (the goal is 35) despite hurting her knee. Rock star!
Bri's teacher writing down all the laps...
The "1st grade crew" ~ these three were inseparable in 1st grade. Somehow they all ran into each other during the run...
Bri's sweet friend "I"...
Bri and her friend Camille...
Bri showing me her love and affection. Heh...
Another Boosterthon has come and gone - earning money for the school.
Bri will be running her very first 5K on Saturday with the running club. I'm nervous for her, but I know she is going to rock it!






2 Kind Words:
Her first 5K...Wow!
Ps Love last photo :)
Sounds like a fun race. Minecraft makes sense for lego folks. Bri and Doug will love it. I predict
Post a Comment