January 23, 2015

My Parents' Anniversary Celebration

Saturday, Jan 17, my parents celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary. I was really happy it landed on a Saturday this year so we (Doug, B and I and my sis and BIL) could do something special on their actual anniversary.

We took them to a special restaurant (their choice) near their house. Briana gussied up for the occasion...

There is no doubt that my baby girl is gone. Just a sweet young lady is left (sigh)...

My parents - married 45 years...

Bri getting in on the action...

The food was delicious and we had a lot of laughs. (I am quite animated in this photo - LOL!)...

Smiling for my mom...

We went to my parents' house afterward to open gifts...

My sister picked up these amazing cupcakes for dessert...

Making a wish and blowing out the candles...



My sister's gift...


My gift...

Showing my parents the blanket I had made for them with their wedding photos...


The last big surprise - letting them know that my sister and I are taking them to see Barry Manilow in June...


They were so moved by everything.

Then it was cupcake time...

It was such a special evening and I'm so glad we were able to do this for my parents.

I wish them many, many more years of happiness!

2 Kind Words:

Ani said...

You all are blessed to have them as a living example of a happy, loving partnersip!

Always wear your tiara said...

You look so much like you mum with your dad's eyes.

Anyway that's not what I was here to say: happy 45th Anniversary Lisa's mum and dad. Congratulations

Related Posts with Thumbnails