January 17, 2019

All About Autumn

I love the fall season. Just something about all the color and beautiful temps that makes me content. I am happy I was able to enjoy fall this past year more than in the past few years - though I still deal with my anxiety issues on a daily basis.

We had warm temps for a longer period than in years past, so I was worried we wouldn't have much leaf color, but we really did here in GA...


In early November, Bri and I snuck off and worked on Doug's Christmas gift - this year Briana painted an Avengers cup. She drew the "A" symbol by hand...

Bri and I also attended our favorite craft fair with my mom and sister at my old high school...



Bri continued to volunteer at the local dog shelter each week...

Bri and Imerie got to celebrate Mary's birthday with her...

I made Bri pose for some pictures for our Christmas card...

Doug traveled quite a bit in October, November and beginning of December.

He saw a former Doobie Brother speak in Chicago...


 Then he spotted Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed at a restaurant in Vegas...

 And he took his first trip to Puerto Rico...


Doug also got his dream car in November. He wanted a Tesla forever - and he had it "murdered out" in all black matte paint. He loves it so much - and so does Bri...



Enjoying the Tesla (look, no hands!)...

 Of course, fall means Thanksgiving. Once again, I hosted dinner with my family at my house.

I'm grateful for these two...

The bird turned out so yummy...




Look at that plate of food...

Breaking the wishbone with the cousins (Bri won this year)...

Some getting ready for Christmas gifts...


We also purchased our real Christmas tree at the end of November...

We hit 4 different places before we finally found the "right tree." There were slim pickings of nice, healthy trees this year in the type, height and width we wanted.

We ended up with a gorgeous tree thank goodness...

Because we had such a hard time finding a tree this past Christmas, Doug decided to purchase an artificial tree for next Christmas. It's beautiful, but I'm not sure I'll get used to a fake tree as my main tree in my family room. I guess we will see.

Ok - now I will be writing a bunch of Christmas posts. Hoping I can get them all written before Februrary!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails