July 5, 2020

16 Weeks Behind Us



It's been 16 weeks since Coronavirus entered the lives of Georgians full force. We are halfway through summer break right now, and Doug and I are trying to figure out how our August is going to look (because school starts back here in August.)

As I usually do, I am going to start out with some of the good stuff that's been going on around here.

My gardenia bush has started blooming. We had one at our house when I lived in Miami as a kid and I always loved it. I planted one when I moved to my current house and the bush blooms each summer. I love the fragrance...

I love seeing updates from the local dog shelter that Bri's volunteers at - unfortunately, we haven't gone back to see the dogs since the virus hit. Bri fell for a little dog named Bing earlier this year, and I found out that he now has a new wonderful family (makes me so happy)...

Bing is the second dog Bri really fell for since she started volunteering. She really loved Theo before that (he found a new family too)...

Bri says she is more of a cat person, but I think if she ever does get a doggie in her future, it will be one with short legs. She seems to have a "type" - LOL!

Doug, Bri and I celebrated July 4th quietly, "social distance" style this year - I will write all about July 4th in my in my next post...


Unfortunately, I am still really struggling with my blocked ear. I wish I had better news on that front. I went to the ENT last Tuesday - which you all know I love (insert sarcasm)...

I was diagnosed with an inflamed Eustachian tube due to my TMJ. Of course, that is just an educated guess by my ENT. He gave me a prescription for steroids to see if that would help with inflammation and so far, it's not really helping. It's looking like I am headed for testing and some PT on my jaw. It's hard not to get discouraged. Seems like everything that happens to me in my life is a marathon of endurance.

It's definitely difficult not to feel down.

Ok - here is the point in my post where I start to vent a bit - letting you know now - you know the drill...


I have already expressed so much in my last few posts, there's not too much else to say. I still completely stand by everything I have said up to this point.

Virus numbers are still going straight up here in Georgia...

We smashed our last peak and have no real end in sight. And to those saying that the death rates are more important to focus on, just wait. Hospitalization and death increases are soon to follow now with these type of increases. And remember, surviving a nasty case of Covid can be quite brutal.

150% increase in cases in Georgia. Not something to be proud of.

No doubt the GA governor opened too early and we went through the so called "reopening phases" like we were in a dang race car.

And now he is on a desperate "wear a mask" mission because he is freaking out due to the drastically rising virus numbers...

Um, just a little too late governor. Tons of Georgians still refuse to wear masks now - and you were a big part of that problem.

Just sad all around...

My county has basically said school will still start back up as normal on August 3rd with no true plan for social distancing or mask wearing for in person instruction. So, Doug and I are looking into the virtual academy now for Bri until this corona storm has passed.

So, I need to address something quickly before I sign off. I've been seeing a specific post floating around FB (one of those "cut and paste" onto your wall kind of things - just one of many) - a list chocked full of unfounded, ridiculous conspiracy theories. It basically states that so many of the horrible things going on in the year 2020 in the United States (including all the racial tension and coronavirus) were "planned" somehow because it is an election year. This post inferred that a pandemic was purposely created and unleashed on the entire world because it's an election year in the United States. Just think long and hard about that for a moment. How does that sound rational to anyone? There is something I need to share with you - the United States isn't the center of the universe. I know that might come as a huge shock to some - but it is true. People are actually buying into these ridiculous conspiracy theories and "sharing" this kind of stuff all over social media. What is so frustrating is that most of these "posts of misinformation" are created by foreign entities/bots who are just loving their made up junk being passed around like this - trying to divide our nation even more. Please, please don't share it.

US citizens should not be concentrating on passing around baseless conspiracy theories. We should be focusing on getting a president into office who can read and understand daily briefings, doesn't tweet inappropriate things that constantly have to be removed from the internet, doesn't call everything a hoax or fake news, doesn't use the term "Kung Flu," encourages social distancing and mask use during a pandemic, takes responsibility for actions when things go wrong, doesn't think a deadly virus will "magically disappear" somehow and believes that black lives matter.

It's very possible that I have alienated some of my readers due to expressing my feelings. I've tried to give people the option not to read my opinions, but I still probably have pushed some people away. I saw a friend post this and I just had to steal...


This gives me some sense of peace. I do worry about all kinds of relationships staying in tact after all this chaos eventually passes. I pray somehow we can all move on "agreeing to disagree" in some cases. It won't be easy, but I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

So, that's it for now. Thanks to those who read this to the end. Say a little prayer for me regarding my ear. I'm still praying for a miracle in that regard. Hope you all have a good weekend. Stay safe and wear a mask!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails