24 years of marriage...
Doug called and made a reservation and explained to the hostess that we were eating out for the first time since February of last year. We thought about eating outside at first, but realized it could get a bit warm. So instead, we wanted a table kind of away from everyone inside. She assured us she could do that and told us the restaurant had installed clear plexiglass between all the booths. All the wait staff still wears masks. We felt comfortable with that.
******************************
We decided to get a bit dressed up for the occasion since it has been so long since we had done something like this. Briana had a pretty dress that she has picked out for her 8th grade dance last year - a dance that was cancelled due to Covid. It had been sitting in her closet for close to two years (she got it at the beginning of 8th grade). She wasn't sure when she'd get a chance to actually wear it, so she decided to wear it to our dinner. She looked so pretty in it...
She fell in love with this dress the minute she saw it. And the fact that it has pockets sealed the deal the day we bought it.
Hopefully she will find another occasion to wear it again.
This was my outfit for the evening...
I hadn't worn heals in forever and I felt like I had to learn to walk in them again!
******************************
We had a 5:30 reservation, and the restaurant was just beginning to fill up...
The 3 of us...
You can see the plastic partition behind Doug and Bri - separating us from the next table.
Doug and I ordered some wine...
Our waiter's name was Jozsef and he was so nice. Great service!
We started with a fried lobster tail appetizer...
And some bread/crackers...
Doug and I split a lettuce wedge...
Then we ordered our main course - Doug and I both got spinalis and Bri went for a filet...
Briana got a skillet cookie and was in heaven...
She had been craving this for so long.
So, our first trip back to a restaurant went very, very well. It went exactly how we hoped it would go. And we felt quite comfortable (for me surprisingly so) - which was really nice. It was a great way to very slowly dip our toes back into the restaurant waters.
It might be a while before we attempt it again and it will have to be the right restaurant, but we look forward to eating out again!
*************************
Yesterday was Doug's and my actual anniversary. And it thunderstormed - all. day. long. Rain from morning until night...
I caught some thunder on video...
My gift from Doug (opal for 24 years)...
I got Doug a mini fridge for his office!
Sweet gifts from my parents...
Doug and I had a dinner date in the evening. We ate cheeseburgers in his Tesla as it was raining (thunderstorming) outside. LOL! Very different (a bit less glamorous) from our Saturday night, but still it was fun. We had a lot of laughs...
So that is the wrap up! We had a very nice few days. Next year is a big one! We went on trips for both 15 and 20, so I am guessing we will be traveling again somewhere for 25!





























0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment