62.
62 weeks behind us since coronavirus hit the state of Georgia.
62 weeks ago - the US became a drastically divided nation. Some believed they should alter their lives to stop the spread of a deadly virus and some didn't.
The picture I posted above is actually kind of perfect for my feelings lately - a balloon about to burst.
Looking at this picture positively...my pandemic balloon is about to break, I will be able breathe a small sigh of relief and I won't have to write weekly updates about my pandemic life anymore. Doug and I are vaccinated. Bri is almost fully vaccinated now. She can go back to school in the fall. Coronavirus numbers are falling. We will travel again. We will go to restaurants again. We will see more people again. Things will start to feel more "normal" again.
Looking at this picture negatively...my pandemic balloon is about to break and I will have to figure out just how to live my life "normally" again - close to the way I used to live it. Face things/people I have been putting off because the virus kept me from doing so. Knowing I am slowly "emerging" from my pandemic life, when a lot of others around me never really experienced a true pandemic life. IMO, the belief system of "I can do what I want" intensified and extended the pandemic much longer than it should have gone and that's still so upsetting to me. And now, I have to try to live my "more normal" life again when I am just not feeling at ease (for a number of reasons that I have mentioned in previous posts). I really need to figure out how to let certain things/feelings go - which I am finding very difficult right now. And there are some things that just can't be the same again. Moving forward will be quite tricky for me.
As you can see, my feelings are very mixed at the moment. It is difficult to explain that feeling of being happy/hopeful yet unhappy/uneasy at the same time...
***************************
Last Thursday, I met my friend Kathy at the St@rbucks we always met up at before the pandemic...
We gave each other the biggest, longest hug when we finally saw each other again. We snagged a great table in the shade and talked for several hours - just catching up. It felt really good to have a "normal" morning out in the world again. The weather was beautiful. You really do appreciate things more when you aren't able to have them for a while.
************************
Look at my sweet furry girl. She is so happy and relaxed in this picture. I must say it's been a very long time since I looked or felt this happy and relaxed. Unfortunately though, since Mei has been spending more time on the porches (since I cleaned them up), she has starting to "mow" again a bit. Some on her arm, some on her leg, some on her tail and some on her belly. Ugh - it is so frustrating. At least I know now that her overlicking has to be due to something outside. Her fur had been growing back nicely up to that point. When she goes in for a checkup soon, I'll have to address this issue again. At least it will be with a different vet this time.
***********************
So, Briana has one more week to go in 9th grade. This upcoming week is finals week. She was able to exempt two exams, so she only has two to complete. She has one super easy assignment that is due on the last day of school (so ridiculous). Though she will probably finish her final exams at the beginning of the week, she won't be "officially" done until Friday. At that time, she'll become a sophomore. That's crazy, right?
***********************
I could get into a long, deep conversation about politics right about now, but I won't. Honestly, I am just over all of it. I cannot wrap my mind around people trying to protect a dangerous insurrectionist in order to hang on to control/power or get back control/power. I cannot wrap my mind around people who try to suppress voting in order to stay in control/power or get back control/power. I cannot wrap my mind around people telling a big, fat, horrendous lie in order to stay in control/power or get back control/power. It is sick. It is moral-less. It is unpatriotic. It is lunacy. It is WRONG.
I'll just leave it at that.
*************************
I think that is all I have to blog about right now. Thanks for reading once again. Just a few more weeks of my "weekly updates." I'll continue to blog, just not continue to count! Heh.
Be back soon!







1 Kind Words:
I feel exactly the same as you do Lisa. A mixture of happy and sad. Here, 70% of adults have been vaccinated and that is great. But Government still keeping us in a semi lockdown until 21 June. Think there as concern over the variant discovered in India. This is the problem isnt it? There are going to be variants and we only can try to keep positive that vaccines work. There are days that I just dont see how we can ever get back to normal. I pray that we can all adjust to a new way of life which will be just as enjoyable!! Xx
Post a Comment