July 17, 2023

50th Birthday Festivities Recap

My 50th birthday festivities are officially over now and it's time for me to dive into this new decade. It's had a few bumps so far, but there have been some really great times so far too.

Two days before my birthday, my family (parents, sister/BIL/nephews) came over to my house help me celebrate.

My mom and Briana decorated my dining room, and I was spoiled with cake and some lovely presents...


On my actual birthday, Doug, Bri and I started the day at the Art of the Brick (Lego) Exhibit (and I will be blogging about this separately - just too many pictures taken!)...

Right after seeing the exhibit, we had an amazing lunch at The Capital Grille. She-crab soup, steak salad, crab cake sandwich - it was all delicious. The restaurant had a birthday card sitting on the table for me as well as some sparkles! And then they brought me a special birthday dessert...


When we got home, I had not one, but two birthday flower bouquets waiting on my front porch (yes - the one with the lilies was the one Mei got into, but it sure was beautiful) and a bottle of Prosecco from loved ones. Doug and Bri decorated the breakfast area for me, and they made me birthday brownies...


Bri got me an adorable stuffed panda and Doug gave me a beautiful necklace and earrings. Doug also lovingly decided to gift me a bottle of Advil since I turned 50. You can see how thrilled I was - but I can't say I don't need it though - heh.

I honestly felt the love all weekend.

Then a week later, Doug and I brought Bri down to Savannah for camp and he and I had a quiet week on the river walk, so I could continue to celebrate my 50th...

And finally on Saturday, I had a fantastic girls night with my sister and some of my closest girlfriends at The Melting Pot...



So much laughter, storytelling and chit chat. The food was delish and the drinks were amazing. It was really a great night to celebrate!

I was very excited getting ready for my girls evening...

And I truly felt the love that night as well.

So that is how I celebrated my 50th! Good times!

Ok 50 - I (think) I am ready for you.

The Art of the Brick recap is coming up next...

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails