July 10, 2023

Summer Happenings (So Far)

Before I get into the specifics about my birthday and our trip to Savannah, I am going to share some of our overall summer happenings.

Speaking of Savannah, the picture above is the pool at the hotel we stayed at. It was really lovely.

So, what's been going on?
 
**************************

Bri's summer job at CFA is going great. This job has been so good for her - she's getting out and talking to people, learning about customer service, making some money and building her confidence. She works with her friends Imerie and Meredith and she has made some new friends as well. Doug and I have visited her twice while she was working - once going through the drive-thru and once while she was working dining room. She luckily got to take a break while we were having dinner! 
 

Briana took a woman's order in the drive-through the other day. The woman came back around and gave Bri a dollar tip because Bri was so helpful with her. She was tickled by that!
 
***************************

 Bri had a college visit to Kennes@w State University a few weeks ago. Friends Ilene and April had made an appointment to visit the art department and asked if Briana and I (and Doug) would like to join them. We were definitely in! We got a great private tour from KSU and had a lot of questions answered. The art department has a lot to offer. Bri is still in a SCAD mindset, but it is nice to know there are other really good options out there...

Bri and April...

Sites on the tour...

A big thank you to Ilene and April for allowing us to tag along!

************************

Bri has hung out with friends Mary and Meredith this summer...



**************************

I went to a girls night with my besties Amy and Valerie to celebrate Valerie's birthday...


*****************************

Bri and I had a fun mall day in June...

Bri loves this Asian-inspired store at the mall. It just moved to a bigger space and she was in heaven!

************************

Doug, Bri and I went to two different immersive experiences. The first was "Art of the Brick" which we went to on my birthday (a Lego exhibit) and the second was all about "Claude Monet." Both were really amazing...


I took a bazillion photos at each experience, so I will write separate posts on those.

****************************

We of course went to Savannah - Doug and I enjoyed the city while Bri enjoyed her SCAD workshop/camp (separate posts coming on this too)...


*************************

I celebrated my birthday (several times over - I'll blog about that separately too)...

*****************************

We celebrated Father's Day quietly...




Doug requested French toast for breakfast that morning (and I added in bacon).

**************************

Other than the stress of being in the kitty hospital and then being boarded at the vet's "lodge" for a week while we were in Savannah, Mei has had it pretty good this summer...

Poor thing was so unhappy going to get boarded...

If I could only explain to her it was for her own good.

I think she has gotten over the trauma ok now though...



She is SOOOO happy to be back home with us now. And we are so happy she is back home with us and healthy.

*************************

And finally, we celebrated the 4th of July...

We were so tired from my birthday, Savannah and the Mei ordeal, we didn't really do anything for the 4th. Doug and I watched "A Capital 4th" on TV that evening. The night of the 3rd, the neighborhood next to ours always does a huge fireworks show and we drove down the street to view it...

It did not disappoint...



***************************

So that has been our summer so far. Three weeks until Bri heads back to high school for her last year. *Gulp* 

I've got a lot of blogging still ahead of me, so I'll be back soon!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails