July 9, 2023

Life's Been Kind Of Crazy

Life has been a bit of a whirlwind since I turned 50. There have been some crazy ups and downs the past few weeks.

The morning after my birthday, Mei Mei decided to eat a lily flower that I had in a floral bouquet that I received for my 50th. I placed the bouquet in my home office and shut the door. The door doesn't always catch properly unfortunately. I should have double checked it and I didn't. She must have smelled the bouquet from the hallway because she pushed herself into the room and got to the flowers during the few minutes I was distracted.

Lilies can be very toxic to cats. She ended up in the kitty hospital for two days getting her system flushed out and force fed activated charcoal. She scared the bejeezus out of us, but she is totally fine now. Thank goodness. You don't even want to know how much we spent to keep her safe. Dang cat.

Right after that crazy scare, Doug and I brought Briana down to Savannah to another SCAD camp. The camp overall was a big success. Bri had a great time. Drop off and parent visitation day had some bumps this year (mainly issues on SCAD's side), but once we got though those, things were good. While Bri was on campus, Doug and I enjoyed some time together enjoying the city/River Street.

Once we got home from our trip, we all had to get back to some normality. Work, appointments, errands and lots and lots and lots of laundry. Ugh.

Today, we slowed things down a bit and went to see the Monet Immersive Experience. It was the last day for it in the Atlanta area and I'm so glad we were able to check it out...


I'm slightly starting to catch my breath, but Briana starts back to school in three weeks and we have a bunch of things to get accomplished before that happens. Trying not to feel overwhelmed.

I plan on writing all about my birthday, our Savannah trip and just basic summer stuff as soon as I can. It might take me a bit to get it all blogged.

So that is the life update. I'll be back soon...

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails