August 23, 2023

The Second Half Our Summer Happenings

 
And now on to recapping the rest of our summer break.
 
All throughout June and July, Briana worked four afternoons/evenings a week (except for her week at SCAD). Her job did keep her (us) close to home during summer break. She wanted to keep earning money, gain more experience and honor her commitment to her job. July is also the time we like to get in our much needed doctor, dentist and hair appointments before school starts back up - which for us is ridiculously early in Georgia (August 1st for our county).

I also had to make another important appointment for July - Briana's senior photo session for school. Ugh - my heart. This is the session when seniors take their formal and casual pictures for the yearbook. They also take their cap and gown photos. I wasn't ready for it at all, but we needed to do it. I will talk more about our experience in detail in my next post, but here is a preview...

She looks so grown up and beautiful. I can't even believe it really happened.

Briana had a fun shopping day with her friend Mary...


Briana got a haircut and added some long, wispy bangs...

Doug helped me hang the cloud light Briana made me for my office...


Doug, Bri and I had dinner at a Mexican restaurant with friends Ilene, Michael and April. I cannot believe this is the only picture I took the whole night (bad me)...
 

And finally, Doug, Bri and I celebrated our 16th family/gotcha/Briana day anniversary on July 30th...


Briana's gift was a couple of cherry blossom towels for her bathroom and a small pair of cherry blossom earrings. She chose to eat at the Marietta Market Square that evening (basically a food court). She got a Cuban sandwich and boba tea, and Doug and I opted for lobster rolls. Everything was really yummy. The market is a bit loud and crowded (not the type of venue we usually choose for a gotcha day dinner), so I think we will opt for a quieter celebration spot next time!

It was still a very special day for our family.

*****************

As for Briana working at CFA, she decided to stop working during her last year of high school. She has several clubs she needs to do volunteer work for and needs to concentrate on that. She plans to return next summer!

So that was our summer. School started on August 1st. More on that next!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails