July 18, 2024

The First Half Of July

July so far has been a mix busy and not so busy - which has been nice. I've only gone to one doctor's appointment this month so far - and that was actually for Bri - so it has been a nice break.

I say that now because I have a bunch of doctor and dentist appointments starting tomorrow throughout the rest of the month and into August. Sigh. Even Mei Mei is going to get her teeth cleaned in August. I hate going to doctors. I gotta do what I gotta do though.

Anyway...

*********************

Bri started her July by meeting her bestie Meredith at the mall one day for some retail therapy...

Bri said they had a really fun time.

 While Bri was hanging out with Mere, Doug and I were able to have lunch together. We chose our favorite nearby sushi place. Sushi is just so pretty to look at...


Our favorite sushi place is right next to a Crumbl Cookie. We thought we would surprise Bri and get an assortment of cookies...

She and Doug tried them all. I only tried the strawberry shortcake one. That one was absolutely delish!! Bri thought the others were just pretty good (there was an apple pie cookie, a cornbread cookie and a smore cookie).

***********************

The beginning of July is about all things 4th of July. I decorated my house - of course...

The night before the 4th of July, the neighborhood next to ours always puts on a massive fireworks display. We drive to a nearby shopping area to watch it...




This was me that night (took the pic in Snapchat!)...

We actually didn't do much on the actual 4th, Doug grilled us some steaks and we watched "A Capitol Fourth" that evening...


************************

Doug, Bri and I met up with some good friends for dinner the Saturday after the 4th. We had not seen the T family since before the pandemic! We don't live very close to one another and we all have been pretty busy the last few years. Briana and Katherine both graduated high school in May, and Ann thought it would be nice for us all to get together again for dinner before the girls head off to college. I concurred! It was so great to see them all again!


The girls are so grown up now...

And we got to see the famous Chef Henry before he retires (which is coming up pretty soon I believe)...


The food was delicious and it was so great to catch up!

************************
 
A few days later, we had another fun, delicious dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant with our good friends the C family. It was a belated birthday dinner for me. We seriously have the kindest friends...
 

**************************

 Doug and I went to a nearby hot dog joint for lunch that we had been wanting to try out for years. It was really tasty! The chili was freaking spicy though - and it was considered the mild one! I can't even imagine how hot the "hot" chili is (ha, ha!)...

I also ate at "Cava" for the first time (Doug had eaten there before). It was so yummy! I will definitely be eating there again! This was my Mediterranean-inspired creation...


***********************
 
Big news!! Briana got her dorm room assignment and roommates' names last week from SCAD. She moves in on September 3rd. It doesn't seem real...
 
 
***********************

On July 11th, Doug and Briana flew out to Colorado for a few days...
 
 Briana spent time with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law in Golden (for some one-on-one niece and aunt/uncle time), and Doug went to Denver to spend time with his mom. It is kind of difficult for me to travel (airport) with my foot, so I (and Mei Mei) held down the fort at home. 

Briana had a WONDERFUL time with Wes and Ann (and I will blog a bit about her adventure in my next post). This is on top of Mount Blue Sky (formerly Mount Evans)...



*****************************

As I mentioned, I was on my own for a few days. I visited my parents one day and saw my friend's new home another day (which is lovely by the way). But other than that, it was just me and Mei Mei hanging out (she was snuggling with me)...


**************************

So that is what we've been up to so far in July. I have a lot of medical stuff happening over the next few weeks, so things will be kind of crazy. We will also be visiting Bri's new college next week and shopping for dorm stuff. We also have planned a short trip to Florida (driving) in August for the three of us to relax and be together before Bri heads off to school and before I most likely get surgery on my heel. 

That is the scoop for now. Bri's trip to Golden is up next.

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails