September 1, 2024

Briana's 18th Birthday Recap

Finally getting to do a recap of Briana's 18th birthday festivities!

She turned 18 on the 5th, but life has been a bit busy this month, so here I go...

**************************

We started our celebrations with my parents two days before Briana's birthday. We ate bbq at a delicious local place and then went to my parents' house to open gifts...
 
My mom had her dining room all decorated for Briana and bought her the most beautiful chocolate ganache cake. And they of course spoiled her with gifts...


*********************

The next day, Briana had a nice dinner with two of her besties....


While Briana was eating Chinese food with her friends, Doug and I tried out the nearby poke bowl place and it was so good...
 

************************

On Briana's actual birthday, I made sure she awoke with balloons on her ceiling...

And I had decorations and presents ready for her...


We had a quiet morning per Bri's wishes, and then we opened her gifts in the afternoon...

The kitty Legos and musicals book were from my sister. I got B a Mei pillow to take to school.
 Bri absolutely loves chocolate chip cookies, so that was her request for her 18th. 

Her heartfelt gift was a pearl necklace and pearl earrings that Doug and I bought for her on her first birthday when we were in China 17 years ago...

She got all dressed up for our dinner out that evening...

We went to one of our very favorite restaurants "Cooks and Soldiers"...


The tapas and desserts at "Cooks and Soldiers" are phenomenal. Truly...

On the way home from dinner, the sky/clouds were absolutely beautiful. It felt like our loved ones who are no longer physically with us were acknowledging Briana's special day...
 
Then finally, we took a trip to Amelia Island to celebrate Bri's birthday and her soon-to-be college journey (which I will blog about separately)...

The last night we were in Amelia, we took Briana out for yet another amazing birthday dinner at a restaurant called "Salt"...

The food was absolutely delicious. And Bri got a special treat...


***************************

I think we celebrated Briana's birthday quite well and it lasted for quite a while! LOL! It is hard to believe she is now considered an "adult," but that is what she is now.

She is going off to college in a couple of days to learn all about what she loves and she is going to do great, artistic things in her future - I just know it! She makes me so proud!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails