Wow - it's been a while since I have participated in Black & White Wednesday. The last several weeks have been tough on me. I dealt with lots of fear, lots of sickness, lots of sadness and lots of uncertainty. I thought a second child was coming into my and Doug's life, a sibling for Briana, but it was not meant to be. I'm still sad, but my beautiful daughter gets me through each day with smiles and laughter. She is truly my blessing.
I hope that Briana feels (and will continue to feel) that Doug and I are her blessings too. I often talk about how she makes ME feel and what she does for MY life. With her only being 3.5 years old, she obviously doesn't talk to me about blessings in any sort of depth yet. Yesterday, she told me she loved me about 20 times throughout the day, so she seems to be a pretty happy, loving and secure little girl right now. I know she loves me and her daddy with all her heart. And she knows that I absolutely adore her and that she is my everything. I tell her that every day. She truly completes me.
Bri is starting to process things about her life before her daddy and I came into it, and I of course worry that the growing knowledge of her past may begin to taint the very happy and carefree life she leads right now. You've all heard the saying, "Ignorance is Bliss," right? When her realization comes, I hope that I (and Doug) will be able to help Briana understand that despite her losses (biological family, birth country, medical history) that she can lead a very happy, blessed and fulfilled life. I'm going to do everything in my power to help her know that and to help her accomplish that. I will respect her past and honor her feelings regarding it, but I also must help her focus on the present and future. Why? Because I am her mom, she is my daughter and that is my job. One I will gladly do. She has made my life so happy and that is what I want for her life too. This amazing girl has so much potential. I know with her outgoing personality, intelligence, talent and sense of adventure along with the support of her family and friends - she can accomplish anything. I will be her biggest cheering section.
"When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” - C.S. Lewis.
"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." - Voltaire
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua J. Marine
So this Black & White Wednesday, I dedicate to my beautiful blessing. I hope I can give her every happiness that she gives to me...
Please visit Lisa's site for more black and white photos:

13 Kind Words:
I'm so sorry to hear about the pain and loss you have just been through. I pray that God brings you healing and reveals His clear plan for your future regarding a sibling for your precious Briana.
These are lovely photos of her...the cowgirl one is my favorite. I can't decide if I like it better in color or in B&W. Maybe color, as it is so suiting to her bright personality!!
Hang in there dear friend, and know that you will be in my prayers. Lean on Him for strength and grace to see you through.
God bless,
~Tanya
Beautiful Lisa.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I know that she adores you and indeed knows you are a blessing. Even if she can't express it yet. She is such a treasure. LOVE the pictures of her sweet smile : )
Praying that God will show himself to you in a mighty way and make you feel at peace. I am always so glad to visit you!
I am so sorry for your loss. What a blessing your daughter is to you. Our daughters will face pain as they discover and work through their past, but yes, we will be there for them every step of the way!
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I don't think you have anything to worry about with regards to your daughter. These pictures are proof positive that she is deeply loved and will prosper with all that you and your husband have to give.
Lisa, I'm so sorry the past few weeks have been so difficult. I am so sorry for your loss.
And little Bri is beautiful. May she be a comfort to you.
So sorry to hear you have had to deal with such pain and loss. What a precious little angel you have there!!
I do not look forward to Ava having those questions either. but I pray that she will know how much we love her and have wanted her before she was ever born. She is such a happy girl and it just makes my heart jump!!
{{HUGS}} to you and your family in this difficult time.
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I have been there and know the pain you are feeling. My s-i-l just lost a baby too so we have all been sad as a family. I will pray for you and know God will heal and bless... just look at that precious Brianna!!! So beautiful!
Blessings,
Sharon
So sorry for your loss. I pray that you find peace in our Lord and that you can feel his arms wrapped around you at this time.
Your daughter is just so very beautiful! I'm sure your heart leaps every time you see her sweet smile :)
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm sure your daughter will grow and be secure in who she is because you help to point her in the right direction.
I am so sorry for your pain and loss. Bri is a blessing. And yes adoption processing is challenging but very important as I know you know.
I am truly sorry for your loss and pain..this post is beautiful and your daughter is so gorgeous!!! I love your honesty in your post.
{{{{hug}}}}
That sweet smile must surely brighten your day!
So sorry about your loss though. No matter how we grow our families, loss is always difficult.
Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!
So beautifully put Lisa. Wonderful shots of your blessing.
Sending hugs,
W
Post a Comment