I had a conversation with Briana a few days ago. She noticed a picture of me and Doug from when we were dating hanging on my wall. We were only teenagers in that picture (oh so young). She said, "I want to be in that picture too." I told her that Mommy and Daddy were very young in that picture and it was taken a long time ago. I told her she wasn't even a blink of an eye yet. She said, "No Mommy, I was in China then - I was waiting for you." My girl is so sweet. (insert tear)She talks a lot now about being with her foster mother in China who took care of her when she was a baby and that Daddy and Mommy came to China to get her when she was a baby to bring her home. She is really beginning to process things now. She still has no real concept of her birth mother yet or being in someone else's tummy at one time. I know the realization is coming though.
Now we all know she was too little in China to know that Mommy and Daddy were coming to adopt her, but it sure does sound nice, doesn't it? And wouldn't it be nice if deep, deep down, she did know somehow we were coming for her? Maybe she could feel our love somehow across the ocean. It's a nice thought anyway (grin).

8 Kind Words:
EK is like that. She will say all the time she was in China anytime she is not in a picture. Sometimes she will even say she was still in heaven. They are so precious and innocent! I love it!!!
Blessings
What a beautiful loving little girl you have..so blessed!
Awh....warms the heart. What a cutie. (Yes, let's believe she did.)
Gotta love kids...
Hugs..
We're doing great on processing all this stuff now and have moved from the (kind of natural) rejection of there being a birth mother to just matter of fact acceptance. It's pretty incredible exactly what she does understand. We had visitors last week and first thing H did was go get her adoption story 'book' (6 sheets of A4 paper and only about 10 sentences) and retell the whole thing, even down to social workers involvement. It never does to underestimate how much they can understand, process and accept.
It sounds like Briana is already doing an amazing job of internalising just how much you and Doug longed for her and how precious she is to you both. What better foundation could you give her!
Best wishes.
Oh that just melted me. :)
It IS a nice thought. The Tongginator says similar things sometimes... sometimes I think it is another way of her expressing love, if that makes sense.
So sweet!!
Post a Comment