Briana was a tiny bit excited about seeing fireworks on July 4th. Geesh! LOL!
Doug, Briana and I decided to see if we could see some fireworks close to our house without actually getting involved with big crowds. We went to Steak N Shake for some ice cream around 8PM and at 9 - we drove down the street from the S-N-S to where we thought we might see some from the road. Well, we saw a large group of people gathering in a parking lot across the street from where the fireworks were being set off and we decided to join them.
We actually saw two fireworks shows. One show was being set off from a golf course nearby (to our right) and started around 9:30PM. Those were kind of hard to see above the trees. But there were a few that managed to get high enough... (I shot these pics.)
But the ones we could see really good were directly across the street from us and those started around 9:40. We used a zoom lens on our camera, but we didn't bring a tripod unfortunately. So the fireworks look kind of jagged in the pictures. But it actually made for a pretty cool effect in the long run! (Doug shot all the fireworks pics below because Miss B decided she wanted to sit in my lap. :D)
Miss B was so tired from her busy day (with no nap) and very late night, she fell asleep about 2.5 seconds after getting in the car. Heading home, we hit no traffic! We were home in 10 minutes. I carried Bri upstairs to her room. Remember as a kid when you were SO tired driving in the car late at night and all you wanted to do was be in your cozy bed already? I remember that feeling like yesterday. My mom would carry into my room and put me under the cool sheets where I fell into a deep sleep almost immediately. When I placed Bri in her bed, I saw a small smile come across her face. I know she had that feeling that night. She was very glad to be home!














3 Kind Words:
We are notorious for watching fireworks from a parking lot or side of the road. :)
What a fun night!!!
Oooh...nice firework shots. Glad y'all had fun.
LOVE the photos.. and love how much fun you had ..
Have a great weekend..
Hugs..
Post a Comment