January 15, 2012

A Brand New Year

The first week of the new year was pretty busy for us - per usual. Briana returned to school on January 3 and she looked so cute on her first day back...

On our last day of Christmas break (Jan 2), Bri and I invited over Lisa and Maisie and Kathy and Chani for a play date. The first play date of the new year! The girls played in Bri's play room and feasted on pizza, apples and Popsicles while the mamas had a chance to catch up with each other...


Briana also returned to Chinese dance class on January 7. It was good to get back to dancing. Here Bri is with Mary Lin and Imerie...

We had definitely had some down time that week too. It is always good to stop for a minute and build a bird's nest...

I mentioned in a previous post that Briana stopped taking gymnastics. So we had no gymnastics the first week of the new year. I was really sad to walk out of there on December 16 permanently because Bri had been taking gymnastics since she first turned 2. It was bittersweet. But now, I am actually kind of happy that I don't have to take her there. Bri is in so many activities still, leaving gymnastics freed up a little more of my time...

We also said farewell to Ponca and the horseback riding facility at the end of December where Bri had been taking lessons since September. Bri's instructor suddenly quit in November and I wasn't too happy with the way the whole thing was handled by the rest of the staff. I really liked Bri's instructor and the facility wasn't the same after she left...

But - now in with the new! My friend Alison told me about the facility that her daughter has been taking lessons for years and now Bri is taking lessons there. We love Ms. Keri. And we love the horse Bri is riding on now too - Yogi. The day of our very first lesson was so stinking cold! The high temp was in the 30's (and it was windy) and Bri had to bundle up...


The following week, the temps were much more comfortable. I think they were in the low 60's...



So now we are two weeks into the new year. Last week, I volunteered in Bri's classroom and ate lunch with her, we celebrated Doug's birthday and Bri had a Chinese dance recital - so more details on those to come!

I am still battling my dizziness, unfortunately. I have had a CT scan of my sinuses and also an X-ray of my neck with nothing found. I am continuing chiropractic care and though my neck feels better, my dizziness still remains. I am going to see my general practitioner this week to figure out what my next move is. Not sure what his recommendation will be. I can function normally, but it sure isn't fun to feel wooziness all the time. Luckily, I am not feeling so bad that I can't continue to keep up with Bri's demanding schedule! But, I want to feel 100% again. So keep praying for me if you don't mind. I can really use the prayers. :)

7 Kind Words:

Kim said...

big hugs to you my friend.. hopefully they find out soon what is wrong..
Love the photos.. the girls are growing up so fast..
Looks like the fun begins.. always busy..
Hugz..
Happy New Year..

Ladybug Dragon said...

I know your dizziness has been hard and exhausting. But you're keeping up with life beautifully in spite of all of it. I pray that something is found so it can be taken care of. Have a beautiful and healthy new year!

Lisa~~ said...

Glad that the new horseback riding facility is working out well and I hope that the docs can figure something out to help with the dizziness, I know that it's no fun. Hope too that it won't be too long before our second play date of the year. Happy b-day again to Doug.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Happy New Year!!! So sorry to hear you are feeling bad. Can I share something crazy with you? My mom had this and she had a doctor say her 'crystals' in her ears needed adjusting. He did and she was totally better. She said all you would need to do is lay your head back over the edge of the bed quickly and it would help. Also she takes dimatapp at night for the dizziness. That helps too. Anyway, hope you fell better!!! Blessings and love!

Wendy said...

You certainly have a busy girl! By the time she's 16 I wonder how many photos you will have of her standing next to that staircase! :-)

Debbie said...

Im glad you have been able to find a better riding class....that would have been a shame to have had to give up......horse riding is a very popular hobby in our area, and something I would love Gracie to learn when she is older too.
Wishing all that dizziness goes away soon, Lisa. Dx

Catherine said...

Lots of changes. Happy you found somewhere new for Briana to ride and that you're so happy with it!

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Praying that they find a solution soon and that you begin to feel better. Cannot imagine how awful it must be to feel dizzy all the time. You're a trooper!

Related Posts with Thumbnails