April 5, 2021

55 Weeks Behind Us (Weekly Update)

 55.

55 weeks behind us since coronavirus hit the state of GA.

I'm tired of counting. So tired. But, I'm going to continue to count the weeks until my kid is vaccinated. None of this is over for me until she is protected too.

*******************

Real quick - I want to wish my mom a Happy Birthday today (April 5th)!

********************

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter and/or Happy Passover...


We dyed Easter eggs on Saturday...

Our tradition still holds strong.

And Briana said she still wanted to get an Easter basket this year. No hiding of it, but she still wanted one. I'll keep giving her one until she doesn't want one anymore...

We had a nice, quiet, reflective Sunday. The neighborhood was pretty quiet. I can tell a lot of people are on vacation. I spent some time on the upstairs back porch on Easter afternoon with Mei. Lots of pollen out there, but the weather was perfect ...

 


And we a quiet Easter dinner - just the three of us.

*********************

This week is Briana's spring break...

We have opted to stay home this spring break. We just had a nice vacation to Hilton Head, so we are good. Spring break brings very large crowds to pretty much everywhere and we just aren't into that right now.

 I see a lot of people heading out on vacation though. This of course makes me nervous. So many people not being careful and not social distancing/masking. There is no doubt there will be another surge again after this. Hopefully, those who are vaccinated might help the numbers stay a bit lower. 

We have a few things planned around here. Bri is just happy to have a week off from school. She might be virtual learning, but my kid takes it very seriously thank goodness. She is doing great right now. I'm very blessed.

**************************

One of the things on my calendar for this week is seeing a physical therapist for an evaluation for my TMJ/blocked ear issue. I saw my ENT last week who said he thinks PT could be helpful. My ear is doing a lot better now - not perfect - but better. I want to keep my ear from blocking up again. I've had three episodes now since June. It's time to try to fix this somehow...

**************************

Speaking of spring, everything in my neck of the woods is blooming now...

Everything.

Spring is not my favorite time of year. The flowers and trees are pretty, but the pollen - which makes such a mess and messes with everyone's sinuses - is just brutal. I will be ready for everything to just be "bloomed" already so we can all breath again.

*************************

We are still enjoying our home theater. We watched another episode of Falcon and Winter Sold!er on Friday night...



************************

I'm going to get political for a minute now.

I saw this picture of B!den and his cabinet last week...


This made me really happy. What a wonderful example for my daughter to see.

And B!den didn't expect everyone to feed his ego during the first cabinet meeting - unlike the head of last administration. It was very refreshing.
 
Also, GA is now getting push back from corporations for it's horrendous voter suppress!on bill. K@mp is whining and crying about it now - especially MLB pulling it's all star game from Atlanta. Hmmm, I thought Republ!can's were all for a free market system. If MLB doesn't want to have the game here now, they don't have to. K@mp played with fire and now he is screaming "c@ncel culture." Nope - voter suppression is wrong and MLB is letting him know it. They have every right to make this decision. The end.

**********************
So, I saw a few memes this week that kind of spoke to me.

First...


I sometimes find myself apologizing way too often for things - things I shouldn't even be apologizing for. It's something I am really working on. I'll obviously apologize to someone if it is warranted, but I am doing so much better at not saying "I'm sorry" all the time now. 

Second...

I have a few regrets about choices I have made in my life or things I may have said or done/not said or done. There are events in my life I sometimes wish hadn't happened. I don't think anyone can say they have "no regrets" in life. That just can't be true. But if I made different choices or if certain things had gone a different way, I wouldn't have the life I have now or be the person I am today. And I have a good life overall. I am a bit of a "dweller" (I do tend to over-rehash things - I own that), but it's something I am working very hard on trying to stop. Dwelling too much can lead to wallowing or self-pity and that's not a good thing. So, I am working on concentrating and focusing on looking and moving forward. If there is something in my life I don't like, I have to try to change it or figure out a way to deal with it. Nothing else I can do.

Third...


I saw this meme and at first, I felt like it really made sense. And to a degree, it does. I am an admitted anxious person (who worries quite a bit), and I think anxiety can definitely tap into/turn into resentment and anger at times. But for me, when it comes to the pandemic, I don't feel like my anxiety is the main cause for the resentment and anger I have felt and still feel. I admit - I am still holding onto a lot of anger and resentment right now. I am angry and resentful toward those who didn't believe (and some who still don't) that this pandemic was real/dangerous. Those who never believed in the science (and some who still don't). I am still irritated at people who made selfish decisions that affected me and the way I have had to live my life this past year. Bitter toward those who supported (and still support) someone who I believe divided and hurt this country more than I ever imagined possible. So, my anger and resentment doesn't boil down to just anxiety. It's definitely deeper than that. Believe me, I wish I wasn't still holding on it, but unfortunately, I can't seem to help it or control it right now. I am trying to figure it out. It may take me a long time to let go and/or forgive (though I'll never forget). I've been internalizing these negative feelings for a quite a while now - it may take some time for me to release them.
 
 ***************************
So, I think I will leave it there for now. I am very happy that Briana has this week to rest and rejuvenate before she enters the homestretch of 9th grade/first year of high school (school finishes right before Memorial Day weekend).

Wish me luck in my TMJ therapy journey. I hope it will help.

Be back soon. Thanks for reading. Bye for now!


0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails