April 18, 2021

57 Weeks Behind Us (Weekly Update)

 57.

57 weeks behind us since coronavirus hit the state of GA.

Wow.

One positive thing I can tell you is that 57 weeks after this virus hit us full force ~ I am FULLY vaccinated! Woot!

Last week, Doug and I went back to the drive-through site that we had gone to three weeks before and got our second shot. We are on the way to getting our "normal" lives back. Still wishing and hoping for Bri's turn though.

Here I am...

The drive-through site...

Every time we go out pretty much anywhere, Doug always gets compliments on is black-wrapped Tesla. He got two compliments that afternoon. Heh.

I didn't feel the effects from the vaccine until 24 hours after I got jabbed (other than a sore arm). I started to feel a bit run down at that time (needed a nap) and I got a low grade fever that evening. I felt slightly achy all over. I didn't sleep super great that night, but the following morning, the fever was gone and I was feeling pretty darn good. Overall, my symptoms were very mild thank goodness. Doug had no side effects except a sore arm. 

 I know that this vaccine is not a 100% thing, but it is very close. If I did somehow get sick, it should keep things very mild and me out of a hospital. And I'm hoping that it will also help me not spread Cov!d to Bri until she can get vaccinated. If I do need a booster for this, I'll be getting that too.

Totally worth it for me and my family.

 Please keep an open mind about being vaccinated...

**************************

I had my third PT session on Friday afternoon and so far, they are going well. I did have some pretty sore arms and shoulders after my second session. I'm trying to strengthen those muscles, so I guess that needs to happen. My ear did unblock on Wednesday and Thursday (so nice!) but felt like it wanted to start blocking up again on Friday and Saturday. I think it will take some time to get there. My therapist saw it as a good sign. I sure hope he is right...

***************************

I just have to show you all again my kitty's belly...

All that fur growing back in. It is a sight that I wasn't sure I'd ever see again.

************************

For a couple of evenings last week, Doug brought in food for us because I just wasn't up to cooking. I didn't feel great, but it was kind of nice not having to cook. By Thursday evening, I was back at it - cooking once again. I don't know why, but I had been craving a cheesesteak (Doug actually ordered cheesesteaks last year around this time, so maybe that is why). Instead of spending a lot of money to order some, I decided to try it on my own on Saturday. I sliced the beef super thin and did my thing. I have to say, it turned out pretty dang good...

I got a thumbs up from both Doug and Bri!

**************************

So, there is a lot going on in the world politically, legally and socially - and I don't see any of that dying down anytime soon. Continued mass shootings (we need massive gun ref@rm), the George F!oyd trial (praying he gets convicted), a full-blown rac!st "Amer!ca First Cauc@s" being created (too despicable to even discuss; dropped thank goodness), Russian sanct!ons (long time coming), etc. I'm just too worn out to address it all in detail.

I will share this (saw this on a friend's Inst@gram page)...

I have had to do a few of these things lately. I never considered myself an activist, but I guess in my own way I am now. It can be super uncomfortable (especially for someone with anxiety), but I am feeling good about it. I'll probably do even more when all this Cov!d stuff lets up.

And I actually feel like a weight was lifted when I wrote my post last week about my feelings - finally being honest about how I haven't been completely happy in my surroundings for a long time...

Not that the pandemic was a "tiny" thing, but it was definitely a catalyst that allowed me to look around and realize I need to make some changes.

Which included/includes me having to distance myself from some people...

And some other changes too.

***************************

 So I think I will leave it there for this post. I am trying to heal myself both physically and mentally, and it will all take time.

Hope you all have a good, safe and happy week. Be back soon.

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails