58.
58 weeks behind us since coronavirus hit the state of Georgia full force. Yep - I'm still counting.
I'm going to keep counting until Bri gets vaccinated. That is when I will finally feel like this very long, arduous journey is complete for our family.
***************************
So let me talk about some good stuff first...
Briana only has 5 weeks of 9th grade left. She is on the home stretch. I cannot tell you how proud I am of this kid for doing so well despite having to learn everything virtually. Her life was turned upside down over a year ago, but she has kept going and has kept her grades up. To me, she is a total rock star...
************************
Last weekend, we made kebabs on the grill...
They were so yummy. I have said before that I am always trying to figure out different things to eat and we hadn't had kebabs in forever. They were really pretty too!
************************
As for my physical therapy, I think I am making some progress...
My therapist and I have come to the conclusion that my ear issue may be tied more to my neck, right shoulder and upper back than my TMJ. My vagus nerve is all sorts of tense and sensitive, and whenever I do my therapy and exercises, I do find that my ear starts to clear up. It doesn't always stay clear, but that is what we are working toward with the therapy (hopefully).
It's going to take a while.
***************************
On Thursday, I was contacted by an investigator with the Secretary of State's office asking me if I would sign my statement against my former veterinarian's office for catnapping Mei Mei back in October. The investigator came to
my house on Friday, I signed the statement and she notarized it. I told her a couple of extra things I hadn't mentioned in the letter. I am very happy they
are investigating though I'm not super happy it's taken this long to
pursue it. I really hope there will be some ramifications for what they
did. If not, I'm at least making their lives a little more difficult right now.
My sweet girl has luckily gotten over that trauma...
***************************
So now for the not so great stuff ~
I haven't updated coronavirus statistics lately...
************************
Last week was a bit tough for me. I'm kind of struggling mentally. Coronavirus fatigue/sadness has definitely set in and all the different mindsets surrounding me are starting to wear me down.
I took a walk around my neighborhood on Wednesday morning. It was gorgeous outside - though a bit chilly and windy. I like it that way though. I would take a lot of walks last year when the pandemic first hit, and it would help clear my head.
It was such a pretty day...
I walked around my neighborhood. I couldn't help to think about how I was feeling last year at this time. I was of course very nervous, but I felt like "we were all in this together." Schools were closed. People were being a bit more careful. At that time, I never thought in a million years that people would begin to not take this virus seriously, or if they did, it still wouldn't alter their behavior in any way. I just assumed people would listen to the doctors, specialists and scientists. I never thought so many people would just turn their backs and decide they were the experts instead. I was naive I guess.
As I walked around, the day was so beautiful, but I felt really detached. I love my house and my yard, but it's just everything else that I don't feel connected to. It's very difficult. Maybe somehow I'll return to my "pre-pandemic" frame of mind, but as of right now, I'm not feeling it. I try to be positive when I can, but it's not easy.
You can hear how windy it was that day...
******************************
I think that is all I have to blog about for now. Hopefully I will feel a bit better/more upbeat this week. We'll see. Be back next week.









0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment