****************************
May is always a busy month for our family and it is filled with occasions - Doug's and my wedding anniversary, Mother's Day, end of the school year festivities, Memorial Day. This year is no different - except we are now adding in the hoopla of a high school graduation!
***************************
On May 3rd, Doug and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary. Doug had to work that day, so we had a quiet night out to dinner with just the two of us.
27 years...
My FB post..."Happy
27th Anniversary to my best friend and soulmate. Things have been kind
of rough for me lately, and he has been my rock throughout all of it. I
am so incredibly grateful to have him as my partner in crime as we
navigate this crazy roller coaster of a life together. Cheers to 27
years!"Gifts...
My gift to Doug...
I have been really wanting a recumbent stationary bike because with my heel issues right now, it is hard for me to walk on a treadmill. So, Doug got me a stationary bike for our anniversary (I haven't taken a picture of it yet, but here is an idea)...
Us heading to our anniversary dinner that evening...
We had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants...
Us...
We always know around our anniversary that the Kentucky Derby will be on. On that Saturday night, we watched the last race...
It was very cool to see a photo finish this year. Just crazy!
(Swiped this shot off the internet)...
************************
And for Cinco de Mayo, my friend Amy and her daughter Mary invited Doug, Bri and me to join them for a very yummy Mexican meal...
A perfect afternoon of food and friends!!
**********************
Then Mother's Day rolled around. I met my mom and sister for an early ladies lunch on Friday to celebrate and exchange gifts...
And on actual Mother's Day, I just wanted to take it easy. Doug and Bri gave me breakfast in bed and some lovely gifts including these Lego flowers...
Briana obliged me with a quick photo opp...
We dined on wedding soup, corn chowder (not pictured), chicken marsala, roasted duck, shrimp risotto, tiramisu and chocolate lava cake...
It was a very nice Mother's Day.
*************************
Scattered amongst all the celebrations of May (including graduation related events that I haven't blogged about yet), I am still dealing with a lot of health related things. Doctors visits, tests, procedures - it's all very overwhelming. I turned 50 and fell apart - that's how I feel. I am very blessed that I have been still able to enjoy all these nice moments in my life, but there are other moments that I feel really down, tired, sick and anxious. I am trying desperately to fix myself and find answers, but it's taking a long time. And I'm not sure I can ever get back to what I was - which wasn't close to perfect in the first place.
So continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers if you don't mind. I'm still on the struggle bus and I'm ready to get off of it very soon - if I can.
Briana graduates on Thursday evening - and I pray it doesn't rain because it is an outside graduation (don't get me started on that - talk about added stress). I will be back soon to blog all about the end of school and Briana's graduation.




.png)













0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment