May 4, 2024

March - St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Culinary And NYC

 
Well, since it is May now, I guess I should try to talk about what we were up to in March. 

Briana snapped the above picture one morning when she got to school. The sky looked like it was on fire. Just beautiful.
 
**********************

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day in March...

A fun little sn@pchat photo of me...

  I made corned beef and cabbage - it turned out delish if I do say so myself...
 

 
 
***********************
 
Speaking of food, Briana had a kind of intense March putting together a several course meal with her culinary group (Bri had 4 girls in her group). There were four groups in the class and each group chose a country to represent (Briana's group chose Greece/Greek food). Over several weeks, the groups had to choose recipes, list ingredients for purchase, create cooking directions, practice the recipes at home, and then had to manage the classmates as they prepared the dishes. The week of March 18th was the week that Briana's group had to instruct and guide the rest of the class in making/preparing/cooking their Greek vision.
 
Their menu consisted of chicken gyros, feta dip with pitas, zucchini fritters, Greek roasted vegetables and honey puffs with vanilla lemon curd ice cream. It was ambitious, but they did an amazing job putting it all together. Bri said of all the groups in her class, her group seemed to be the most prepared. But Briana is a bit of a perfectionist, so I am not surprised it all turned out so well...


When Briana practiced at home, Doug and I got to try all the yummy food. And she brought home some of it from school. It was all really, really good! They got an awesome grade on it and Bri was so happy when it was all over!

*************************

In March, Briana received her cap and gown...

It still doesn't seem real.

****************************

She attended a school film fest one evening with some of her creative writing friends (she is in a creative writing class this semester)...

**************************

Of course, Briana attended her senior prom in March...


 
********************************
 
Easter came a bit early this year. I'm so used to it coming in April. We were going to be out of town on Easter Day because it was also the beginning of our spring break.

I did decorate the house a little even though we were heading out of town...
 
We dyed Easter eggs early...

And Briana did get an Easter basket early as well. Yes...at 17 years old she still got a basket - LOL! Next year she most likely will be at college for Easter, so this was a last hurrah!


************************

And as I mentioned earlier, we headed out for spring break at the end of March to New York City. I didn't know if I would make it, but I did. I am glad I did.

On actual Easter Day, we had an Easter brunch at Nobu Fifty Seven...


We then attended "Little Shop Of Horrors" off Broadway...

And that evening, we went to "The Edge" to see the sites of NY from above...


It was a wonderful yet unconventional Easter Day!

**************************

So that was a quick recap of March. I plan to blog all about NYC very soon. We squeezed a LOT into just a few days there. I might actually do a quick recap of April first because it was mostly filled with doctor's appointments for me - though a few fun things did happen throughout the month.
 
Stay tuned...

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails