Before I do that, I just have to share how proud I am of this girl. She started 9th grade in the middle of the pandemic and she learned virtually throughout that whole school year. She "actually" started traditional high school in 10th grade and had to catch up socially in a brand new school (luckily she was fine academically).
Bri is an introvert and doesn't really like being in large groups, so being in a school of 3000+ kids and over 700 kids in her grade alone, was challenging. Not only did she rise to the challenge, she conquered it. She made friends. She made straight As. She joined clubs. She completed her volunteer hours. She is definitely resilient.
Because Briana doesn't love big groups or large crowds, she was a "definite no" when it came to having/throwing a graduation party for herself. Instead of having a party, we are having several small intimate dinners with family and close friends. That is how she wants it. I told her I would do whatever she wants to do - it's her decision and her celebration.
All my friends warned me what a whirlwind senior year was going to be (especially at the end) and boy were they right. I am more than happy to decompress now for a few months before we get thrown into the chaos of college.
I'm going to miss B so much when she goes off to school though. She will be close luckily, but she won't be with me every day. It will be an adjustment for sure.
So I'll be back soon with senior/graduation related posts and also my recap of NYC.
Woo Hoo!!! She did it!


2 Kind Words:
Congratulations! I have been a silent reader of your blog for a long time and especially love reading about your travels. It's amazing to see Briana achieve this milestone. Lots of love from India.
CONGRATS! I've followed your Waiting for Briana and throughout the years! She's an amazing girl with wonderful parents! You must be so proud!
Post a Comment