September 11, 2011

10th Anniversary of September 11

September 11 was the day that changed everything. My life changed forever that day. Every American's life changed forever that day. My unrealistic perception that Americans could never be touched by foreign terrorism on American soil was completely shattered in an instant.

Doug and my father were both on airplanes the morning of Sept 11 - Doug heading to DC (he ended up landing in Norfolk, VA) and my father heading to Chicago. I am so grateful they were both able land safely, rent cars and drive home in the following days. So many people didn't get to go home to their loved ones after the attacks. It is beyond heartbreaking.

I watched the 9/11 10th anniversary coverage this morning with a very heavy heart.

The above picture is of the flag that sits in front of my mailbox. The HOA placed flags in front of every mailbox in my neighborhood on Friday. It is comforting driving through the neighborhood and seeing all the flags flying in the wind.

All I can really say is "God Bless America."

2 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

It was so, so awful...I couldnt believe it could happen after PANAM. WITH A HEAVY HEART, DX

Bailey said...

How thankful you must have felt (and feel) the moment your husband returned into your arms after that day. It was a horrible moment for everyone. The flags are a beautiful yet subtle way to remember.

Related Posts with Thumbnails