November 20, 2013

2nd Grade Performance

Last week was a rough week at school, but there was a bright spot - the 2nd (and 3rd graders too) performance on Thursday evening. The theme was "What I Want To Be When I Grow Up." Are you at all surprised that Bri went as a fashion designer? ;)

She was all ready with her tape measure and sketch pad...


Luckily, my mom still had a reprieve going with her inner ear issues and she and my dad were able to make it to the performance (unfortunately, she is suffering with it again now).

We had to drop Bri off at the classroom and then we went to the gym...

The kids were brought in and they got into their positions...



I hate that I have some gripes about the evening because I should just be grateful that there was even a performance given for us to enjoy. But, I'm going to complain anyway - heh.

The gym was waaaay too crowded. The performance was for 2nd and 3rd graders. The gym is not big enough to hold parents for two grades. Not sure why they combined grades this year. A ton of people had to stand on the sides of the gym to see the performance. We were lucky enough to get there early and get a good seat.

The PTA jammed in some agenda before the performance. Now, I knew there would be a short PTA meeting before the performance (that is how they get people to come), but it was waaaay too long. What should have been like 10 minutes was more like 20+ minutes long. Everyone was hot and getting antsy. It was poorly planned.

The music teacher had risers for the 2nd graders. The shortest 2nd graders (which was Bri) were placed on the bottom row behind the 3rd graders that were on the floor (which made absolutely no sense). It kind of felt like it was a 3rd grade spotlight with 2nd grade backup. Briana did great and was very expressive, but I had a hard time seeing her behind the tall kid with the baseball helmet on. Sigh - I would have done things sooo differently...

It was still cute though...





The songs were super cute. They had a great finale with plungers (they were singing a song about plumbers)...

We picked Miss B up in the gym when the kids finished and we were outta there...



We got back home and Bri of course got a little treat from Gramma and Papa. And we took a couple of photos...


It was a cute night and I'm glad Briana had fun. I think she was the blingiest gal in the whole place. She certainly lights up a room, doesn't she? :)

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails