The year before last, I swore I would never do another gingerbread house. They are difficult with a capital "D." The directions say the house will hold together with just frosting. Well, that's simply not true. I have definitely cursed past gingerbread houses - just sayin'.
Last year, I thought I could get away with not buying a kit. But, Bri has a very good memory and started asking about one in mid-December. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a kit at that time - they were pretty much sold out everywhere by the time Bri mentioned wanting to do one. I ended up buying some gingerbread trees and some gingerbread girls and boys and that tied us over. She missed doing a house though.
This year I caved and bought a kit. And while Bri was occupied Sunday morning, I glued the house together with white glue. I let it sit for a very long time until it seemed really sturdy. Then I called Bri downstairs and she was so excited to see it already put together. It was just time to add frosting and candy. I will say - the house was SO much easier to make this year.
She worked for over an hour adding candy and frosting. She even stacked candy on top of candy...
She even made reindeer corners...
She was so proud of herself when it was done...
And it really turned out beautiful.
That morning, before the whole gingerbread house making, I made pancakes for my two peeps. I saw reindeer pancake pictures swirling around on FB, and I made my own version...
Bri was thrilled. Both Doug and Bri were sick this weekend - Doug with a virus/bug and Bri with a cold. Pancakes were a definite thumbs up and smile maker.



0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment