My kid graduated 5th grade! I only graduated from high school and college, but nowadays, you pretty much graduate from everything - lol!
There are 8 fifth grade classes at Bri's elementary. With all those kids (and all of their families), there was no way to hold the graduation ceremony at the elementary school. So, the ceremony was held at the local high school.
The kids walking in...
There are 8 fifth grade classes at Bri's elementary. With all those kids (and all of their families), there was no way to hold the graduation ceremony at the elementary school. So, the ceremony was held at the local high school.
The kids walking in...
Bri sneaking in a smile...
Clapping for the awards...
Awards were given out for best in math, language arts, etc. Bri is a very smart kid, but she wasn't the "top" of anything to get an award like that. A number of her friends did though and we were happy about that. The school doesn't have honor roll, so there wasn't any of that (that will start in middle school).
Smiles again...
Smiles again...
Graduation certificate...
I gave her a balloon and flowers...
Proud Gramma and Papa...
Super proud mama...
Happy dad...
Bri and her friend Meredith...
Bri and her teacher...
We went outside for a few more pictures...
They love each other...
Bri and her friend Allix...
Bri and her friend/running club buddy Garrett...
I accidentally left Bri's sweater in the gym, so Doug had to go back and get it. This is how he came out of the school. Smart butt...
We went home and had some congratulatory cupcakes...
And B got a couple of gifts...
I know I shouldn't, but sometimes I just can't help but think about how different Briana's life could have been. I see her thrive and I am overwhelmed by it all. She is a special kid. She really is.
Congratulations sweet girl!!





















0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment