I've driven Bri to and from elementary school for the last 6 years. The second to the last day of 5th grade (May 25) was my last time to ever do it.
Doug always takes Bri to school on Fridays, so he was taking her on the last day of school. The last day of school was the 5th grade walk and class party, so I didn't have to sit in car line on Friday (we could just take her right home after the party). That Thursday was my last "normal" drop off and pick up day for elementary school.
I got both a sad face and happy face from Bri that day...
I watched her walk into the school on her own for the last time...
My very last view of the elementary school car line that afternoon...
It was sad. I won't lie.
When you have an only child, it's one and done. You have to soak in everything the first time because there is no second time around for anything.
I remember being so scared when Bri started kindergarten. I cried after the freaking kindergarten open house! She has thrived in elementary school. So though I am now scared about middle school, I know (at least I pray) that she will survive conquer it.
5th grade graduation was that evening. So, I had to switch emotional gears and watch my girl graduate...
5th grade graduation was that evening. So, I had to switch emotional gears and watch my girl graduate...





1 Kind Words:
I understand for sure! I'm sure she will thrive in Middle School!!
Post a Comment