September 13, 2020

26 Weeks Behind Us (Weekly Update)

26 weeks now behind us since coronavirus hit the state of Georgia with a vengeance. 26 long weeks. There is still a long way to go. And no, this virus won't end with the U.S. election. You know, because it's a virus. This virus got so incredibly out of hand in the U.S. (for reasons I won't go over again). Viruses don't give two hoots about politics. I don't think my friends in other countries appreciate that some Americans think this virus revolves around the United States somehow. The reason the U.S. is mentioned so often regarding coronavirus is because infection rates and the number of people dying are so much higher in the U.S. than in other countries.
 
 But I digress.

Let me start with the good stuff going on with our family first.
 
Six weeks of virtual learning down for Miss B! Woo Hoo!!! There are times that trying to learn at home can be difficult or distracting. It's not perfect but we are making it work. And B's life is so different now, but she never complains. I truly mean that she never complains. I'm so proud of her. One week until fall break! Woot! She will have earned that week break...

It is kind of funny when your teacher's cat decides to crash a zoom lesson (ha!)...

 I got my hair done on Wednesday...
 
My hair looks and feels so much better. Unfortunately, my hairdresser of over 20 years got a bit overly chatty and snarky about her beliefs on everything from politics to Covid - which made my two hour hair appointment quite long. I held my tongue so I could just get my hair finished. I've never really come straight out and given my opinion to her on things, but after 20 years of conversations, she definitely knows I am more of a moderate-minded person. Usually, we keep our conversations pretty light and easy. Not this time. She has every right to have an opinion, but the whole experience felt super unprofessional to me. Now, I have some decisions to make about seeing her again or not. I can't have another experience like that. 2020 just keeps getting more sucky.
 
Doug asked me to take some photos of him for his work website. I really like this one. Isn't he handsome?
 

Miss Mei Mei still keeps us laughing every day. This is her new favorite place to be (see below) - a large, plain brown box that currently sits in the upstairs hallway. She doesn't care about fancy things at all - she loves THIS plain box. And as you can see, she is also an "angry birds" toy hoarder. This box had like one bird in it Thursday morning. By late afternoon, it was filled with birds and pigs. We call them her "babies"...

She is a total mess.

Hey - check out our basement progress...

Yes, this is sheetrock!! We have walls people!!!

It is very exciting.
 
 I'm still cooking away pretty much every day.

Breakfast (eggs and potatoes)...

Lunch (a delicious club sandwich)...
 
And dinner (this crock pot herbed pork roast was the bomb!)...

It was kind of a long, stressful week, so I got up early Saturday morning (yesterday) to have a little peace and quiet on the porch in the morning...


And Saturday evening, I enjoyed my little pool for the last time for the year (I'm wrapping it up for the summer)...

It's been nice having this little haven in my backyard.

I almost thought I wouldn't be able to get in there because our basement guys worked for hours in the basement on Saturday afternoon. So, I planned to get in there after dinner. Right as I got my suit on, the skies opened up and it was thundering and lightning...

 

I seriously couldn't believe it. But, it did finally stop and I was able to chill for a while in the evening. I'm so wired all the time. I find it hard to relax all the time most of the time.

And now for a Georgia coronavirus update...numbers are still above 1500 new cases a day (except for Labor Day - it dipped that day). I'm curious if there will be a surge in new cases soon because of the holiday weekend. We'll see in a few weeks I guess...

I'm not going to get too deep into politics in this post. I have said a lot in past blog posts about a lot of different things, and I still stand by everything I have said up to this point. But if I keep repeating myself over and over, things kind of lose their effectiveness.

But, I of course have to mention a certain book with accompanying tapes that was brought to light last week...


How can I not? It was big news, right?

We all have heard the tapes (excerpts at least) by now. Tr@mp said what he said. He can't deny it. He downplayed the virus on purpose. It's one thing to try to keep the nation calm - I get that. It's another to tell an entire nation to do the exact opposite of what you know is true and should be done (and continue to do so to this day). I don't understand why our commander in chief would tell us to not protect ourselves when he knew this virus was airborne. I don't know why he would say it wasn't as bad as the flu when he knew it was much more dangerous. I don't know why he would say it would "just go away" when he knew it wouldn't. Actually, I do know why. It was his unhinged attempt to stay in office. He single-handedly politicized a deadly pandemic. It's reprehensible, and it's all documented on those tapes. 190,000+ Americans dead...
 
A couple of weeks later in a briefing, he literally said it was no worse than the flu.
 
And yes, I am also extremely angry at these authors/whistle blowers who sit on important information for months at a time and don't say anything to sell books. Especially Woodw@ard. It is truly horrifying to me. How many lives could have been saved knowing this Woodw@ard information sooner? I can't even think about it. Just no excuse. None.


And that's it. That's all I am going to say about politics and coronavirus in this post. Aren't you happy?! Heh. I am not sure. I will say since I started getting a bit more controversial, my blog hits have gone up a bit. So, maybe you all like a little controversy? Heh.

I truly try to keep my thoughts over on this blog, so I don't continually force my beliefs down people's throats on FB. Posting polarizing meme after polarizing article after polarizing meme. I give the option to come over and read my blog or not - lots of warnings. Like I said before, I've never been this vocal in my life about politics, etc, but I've felt the need to finally express myself during these difficult times. I couldn't sit in silence anymore. I did that for too many years. I did figure out someone quietly unfriended/blocked me on FB anyway. I guess they didn't like what I was putting out there. To each their own. I can't disconnect from people and expect it to never happen to me - even though I do try to be a bit mindful about how I put my thoughts out into the universe. Oh well. 
 
C'est la vie.
 
Oh - Happy Grandparents Day to all of those grandparents who read my blog...


So, that is my update for the week. Thanks for sticking around to the end. Hope you all have a good week. Be back next time!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails