"Us" then and "Us" now.
25 years ago today, Doug proposed to me in front of Anna Ruby Falls...
Doug had assured me though that he would never propose to me there because it would be way too obvious. So, I had put it out of my mind that it would ever happen there. But on Sept 23, 1995, he did surprise me and proposed in front of the falls.
While I was distracted looking at the falling water, Doug quietly asked someone in a group of people standing nearby if he would take pictures of us during the proposal. I eventually turned around to look for Doug and he was down on his knee. He asked and I said yes immediately of course (Doug asked my parents for their permission a couple weeks earlier - so incredibly sweet). As Doug and I walked down the hilly path back to our car after I said yes, that group followed us down and told everyone coming up that we had just gotten engaged. It was a fun and exciting moment.
Unfortunately when we picked up the engagement pictures after having them developed (back when there were only film cameras!), they were all completely black. We don't know what that person did wrong that day, but not one picture from the falls came out and we were pretty sad. But, we still had each other and we still had that special moment, so we were really ok.
My mom did snap a picture of me the evening of my engagement and of my ring...
https://waitingforbriana.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-break-recap-anna-ruby-falls-part-2.html
Doug and I asked our sweet 5 year old to take a picture of us in front of the falls since we didn't have one from our engagement day...
I think about how much has happened in our life together since he proposed. Times that have been wonderful. Time that have been very sad. Times that could break up a couple but somehow made us stronger.
Saying "yes" was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life, and I would say "yes" all over again.
Happy 25th Engagement Anniversary Doug.







0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment