September 21, 2020

27 Weeks Behind Us (Weekly Update)

 

27 weeks behind us since coronavirus hit the state of Georgia. I cannot wait until I don't have to count the weeks anymore. I am so ready for life to get back to as close to "normal" as it can.

This week begins fall break for us! Bri is so happy to have this week off. She worked so hard in virtual school the past 7 weeks. It is really difficult adjusting to a new normal that you really didn't want to have to adjust to. Her grades are great up to this point, and I hope she can keep it all going for the rest of the semester.

Someone was happy Friday afternoon when she finished her last assignment before break...

We have started off our break nicely with Bri's friend Jackson coming over and hanging out yesterday (Sunday) afternoon...

 It is quite exciting that this week is actually supposed to have fall-like temperatures. In Georgia, we have had many fall breaks that felt like summer breaks temperature wise.

This morning (Monday)...

 
 So nice!!!

We have a few fun things planned for this week off, but we will mostly chill.

Speaking of weather, it rained quite a bit last week. We had the remnants of Hurricane Sally come through our area for a couple of days...

We actually needed the rain, so it was all good.

 Before the rain hit, I took away my little pool. It made me sad - it was really nice to have that little haven in my backyard during the tough summer of 2020, but I am getting into more of a fall mindset now. So, my stone patio is back now to fall status...

Continuing with my fall mindset, I saw this cute pumpkin water globe online and just had to have it...

There is something about the swirling water that calms me...

And Briana couldn't be happier that Halloween Wars on Food Network is back (it's one of her very favorite shows)...


 Friday evening was the start of Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year). We weren't able to celebrate with my parents this year, so Doug ordered some chicken soup and I bought us some latkes and challah bread, and we had our own Rosh Hashanah dinner that evening at home...

So delicious!  

Unfortunately, I don't have much of a basement update this week. Last Monday, the guys who sand sheetrock were here and completed that, but then nothing happened the rest of the week. So we have walls, but that is about it. I'm not sure what is up next for this week, but things have slowed a bit. It's frustrating, but we have to try to be patient.

To be honest, I'm still very tired. So very, very tired. I think if you have truly taken this virus to heart and have done everything you can to try to keep this virus from spreading, you are probably feeling just like I do right now...

It's hard limiting the places I go. It's difficult not being able to see all my friends. It's hard watching my freshman working her tush off with virtual learning at home and not being able to go to high school. We have decided not to have Bri's picture taken for a yearbook for a school that she isn't even physically at right now. It is tough to see all the vitriol being spewed each and every day online, on television and even in my mailbox. Keeping up with all the political crap is mentally exhausting. This "new normal" is just plain tough all around. It's most definitely "survival mode."

Coronavirus update...

Still thousands of cases where I live every single day. I wish I could report something different, but it's Georgia so...

And regarding coronavirus, remember this tweet from back in March ~  

And today...

 
 Look how many deaths now and it is only the middle of September...
 
Think about that!

Now to touch on a little politics...

Well, the presidential candidates did town halls a couple of weeks ago. I didn't watch Tr@mp's  (I heard excerpts afterward) and I watched some of B!den's. I do worry a bit about B!den's advanced age (Tr@mp isn't a spring chicken either), but I'm not too worried about his mental capacity...

Yeah - not really worried.
 
I cannot wrap up this post without addressing the passing of RBG. What a ginormous loss for our nation. She was such a force...

 
 She left an incredible legacy. What an amazing, strong woman.
 
I have to say though - what has happened over the last four years regarding the filling of supreme court justice seats is absolutely appalling. Merrick Garl@nd should be sitting on the court right now (or should have been given a chance to), but the GOP (Senate) refused to even entertain his nomination "being in an election year" in 2016. Now they are changing their stance for their own power grab agenda. It is blatant hypocrisy at its finest. Four years ago, Republicans should have just owned it and said "we don't want a left leaning judge, so we are going to just ignore the law and block this nomination until we see who wins the election" instead of the wimpy "we want to let the people decide" b@lls!it argument they threw out there back then. It's reprehensible. I always wonder how people like that live with themselves - acting in such corrupt ways. I hope this nomination can be blocked somehow until after the election, but I won't hold my breath...
 
 I. HATE. POLITICIANS.
 
But, I don't want to end my post on a negative note this week. Here is a picture of sleepy Mei Mei to make you smile...

Hopefully, I'll have some sort of basement update for my next weekly update post, and I will hopefully have some fun fall break stories too.
 
Thanks for reading! Be back soon!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails